6.3 -> 6.4 Sorting responseWriter renamed

6.3 -> 6.4 Sorting responseWriter renamed

Raveendra Yerraguntla-2
Hello All,

In 6.4 (Solr-9717)  SortingResponseWriter is renamed to ExportWriter and moved to a different package.

For migrating to higher Solr (post 6.4) versions, I  need to help with compatible functionalities.

Application is using  SortingResponseWriter in the searcher handlers inform method to register responseWriters for the xSort.

Since the class and write methods Signature   is changed, what are alternative ways to use the functionality.

 Thanks
Ravi

Re: 6.3 -> 6.4 Sorting responseWriter renamed

Joel Bernstein
The functionality should be exactly the same. The config files though need
to be changed. I would recommend adding any custom configs that you have to
the new configs following the ExportWriter changes.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 11:21 AM Raveendra Yerraguntla
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> In 6.4 (Solr-9717)  SortingResponseWriter is renamed to ExportWriter and
> moved to a different package.
>
> For migrating to higher Solr (post 6.4) versions, I  need to help with
> compatible functionalities.
>

> Application is using  SortingResponseWriter in the searcher handlers
> inform method to register responseWriters for the xSort.
>
> Since the class and write methods Signature   is changed, what are
> alternative ways to use the functionality.
>

>  Thanks
> Ravi

Re: 6.3 -> 6.4 Sorting responseWriter renamed

Raveendra Yerraguntla-2

Hi Joel,
Thanks for the quick response.
Our current usage is below. Could you guide me in using the new class and write method.

public class customSearchHandler extends SearchHandler {@Override

public void inform(SolrCore core)

{

   super.inform(core);
….

core.registerResponseWriter("xsort", new SortingResponseWriter(){
   @Override
   public void write(Writer out, SolrQueryRequest req,SolrQueryResponse response) throws IOException {
      try {
         if (handleResponseWriter) {
            CustomController.singleton.prepareThreadForWork();
         }
         super.write(out, req,response);
      }
      finally {
         CustomController.singleton.releaseFromThread();
      }
   }
});
}

Signature of new class isExportWriter(SolrQueryRequest req, SolrQueryResponse res, String wt) {public void write(OutputStream os) throws IOException {