6.5.1 release?

123

6.5.1 release?

Joel Bernstein
Hi,

I would like to have a 6.5.1 release due to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10341.

The fix for this is committed and back ported. I'm traveling this week. But can be the release manager for this next week.

Re: 6.5.1 release?

Adrien Grand
+1

I'll include https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-7755 as well if it works for you.

Le jeu. 30 mars 2017 à 12:19, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi,

I would like to have a 6.5.1 release due to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10341.

The fix for this is committed and back ported. I'm traveling this week. But can be the release manager for this next week.

The fix for this is committed and back ported. I'm traveling this week. But can be the release manager for this next week.

Re: 6.5.1 release?

Alexandre Rafalovitch
That's done off the 6.5 branch right? I am committing soon a redone
DIH example and only want it in trunk and 6.6 as the change is quite
large.

Regards,
   Alex.
----
http://www.solr-start.com/ - Resources for Solr users, new and experienced

On 30 March 2017 at 06:19, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to have a 6.5.1 release due to
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10341.
>
> The fix for this is committed and back ported. I'm traveling this week. But
> can be the release manager for this next week.
>

> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Re: 6.5.1 release?

Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)
Correct, release 6.5.1 will be off branch_6_5 branch and there will be a 6.5.1 tag (but not branch) e.g. for the 6.4.2 release we have tag https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/tree/releases/lucene-solr/6.4.2

branch_6_6 will (in future) be branched off the branch_6x branch.

branch_7x will (in future) be branched off master branch.

That's my understanding anyhow and I'm slightly tempted to draw this as a diagram similar to what "git log --decorate --oneline --graph" outputs ...

Regards,
Christine

I'd like to include https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10383 too (on Monday) if there are no objections or concerns.

That's done off the 6.5 branch right? I am committing soon a redone
DIH example and only want it in trunk and 6.6 as the change is quite
large.

Regards,
   Alex.
----
http://www.solr-start.com/ - Resources for Solr users, new and experienced

On 30 March 2017 at 06:19, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to have a 6.5.1 release due to
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10341.
>
> The fix for this is committed and back ported. I'm traveling this week. But
> can be the release manager for this next week.
>

> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Re: 6.5.1 release?

Joel Bernstein
Ok, so it sounds like we've got some open issues to resolve. How does Thursday April 6th work for starting the release process?

I'd like to include https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10383 too (on Monday) if there are no objections or concerns.

That's done off the 6.5 branch right? I am committing soon a redone
DIH example and only want it in trunk and 6.6 as the change is quite
large.

Regards,
   Alex.
----
http://www.solr-start.com/ - Resources for Solr users, new and experienced

On 30 March 2017 at 06:19, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to have a 6.5.1 release due to
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10341.
>
> The fix for this is committed and back ported. I'm traveling this week. But
> can be the release manager for this next week.
>

> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Re: 6.5.1 release?

Adrien Grand
I just merged LUCENE-7749. Building the first RC on April 6th sounds good to me! I'm wondering whether the 6.5 Jenkins jobs are still running?

Le lun. 3 avr. 2017 à 14:09, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Ok, so it sounds like we've got some open issues to resolve. How does Thursday April 6th work for starting the release process?

I'd like to include https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10383 too (on Monday) if there are no objections or concerns.

That's done off the 6.5 branch right? I am committing soon a redone
DIH example and only want it in trunk and 6.6 as the change is quite
large.

Regards,
   Alex.
----
http://www.solr-start.com/ - Resources for Solr users, new and experienced

On 30 March 2017 at 06:19, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to have a 6.5.1 release due to
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10341.
>
> The fix for this is committed and back ported. I'm traveling this week. But
> can be the release manager for this next week.
>

> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

Re: 6.5.1 release?

sarowe

I disabled the ASF Jenkins 6.5 jobs shortly after the release.  FYI you can see which Lucene/Solr jobs are enabled here: <https://builds.apache.org/computer/lucene/>.  I’ll re-enable the 6.5 jobs now.

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

Re: 6.5.1 release?

david.w.smiley@gmail.com
Found & fixed a bug: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10404  I'd like to get this into 6.5.1.  You might be interested in this one Joel.

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 11:58 AM Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Apr 3, 2017, at 11:52 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Building the first RC on April 6th sounds good to me! I'm wondering whether the 6.5 Jenkins jobs are still running?

I disabled the ASF Jenkins 6.5 jobs shortly after the release.  FYI you can see which Lucene/Solr jobs are enabled here: <https://builds.apache.org/computer/lucene/>.  I’ll re-enable the 6.5 jobs now.

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

Re: 6.5.1 release?

Joel Bernstein
SOLR-10404 looks like a nice improvement!

I'll shoot for Friday morning to create the release candidate. I've never been a release manager before so I may need some guidance along the way.

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 12:21 PM, David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
Found & fixed a bug: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10404  I'd like to get this into 6.5.1.  You might be interested in this one Joel.

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 11:58 AM Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Apr 3, 2017, at 11:52 AM, Adrien Grand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Building the first RC on April 6th sounds good to me! I'm wondering whether the 6.5 Jenkins jobs are still running?

I disabled the ASF Jenkins 6.5 jobs shortly after the release.  FYI you can see which Lucene/Solr jobs are enabled here: <https://builds.apache.org/computer/lucene/>.  I’ll re-enable the 6.5 jobs now.

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

Re: 6.5.1 release?

Shalin Shekhar Mangar
I would like to include https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10416

It is a trivial fix.

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 11:54 PM, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> SOLR-10404 looks like a nice improvement!
>
> I'll shoot for Friday morning to create the release candidate. I've never
> been a release manager before so I may need some guidance along the way.
>

> Joel Bernstein
> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>
> On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 12:21 PM, David Smiley <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Found & fixed a bug: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10404  I'd
>> like to get this into 6.5.1.  You might be interested in this one Joel.

>>> I disabled the ASF Jenkins 6.5 jobs shortly after the release.  FYI you
>>> can see which Lucene/Solr jobs are enabled here:
>>> <https://builds.apache.org/computer/lucene/>.  I’ll re-enable the 6.5 jobs
>>> now.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Steve
>>> www.lucidworks.com

>> --
>> Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
>> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book:
>> http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: 6.5.1 release?

Shalin Shekhar Mangar
I'd also like to include SOLR-10277 --- it is a serious problem for
people running large number of collections. I'll review and commit the
patch by tomorrow.

I'd also like to include fix for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10421 which should be just four lines of actual fix, plus ideally a test for it which will be more than four lines ...

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to include https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10416
>
> It is a trivial fix.
>
> On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 11:54 PM, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> SOLR-10404 looks like a nice improvement!
>>
>> I'll shoot for Friday morning to create the release candidate. I've never
>> been a release manager before so I may need some guidance along the way.
>>

>> Joel Bernstein
>> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 12:21 PM, David Smiley <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Found & fixed a bug: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10404  I'd
>>> like to get this into 6.5.1.  You might be interested in this one Joel.

>>> --
>>> Lucene/Solr Search Committer, Consultant, Developer, Author, Speaker
>>> LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley | Book:
>>> http://www.solrenterprisesearchserver.com
>>

> --
> Regards,
> Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: 6.5.1 release?

sarowe
I’d like to include SOLR-10423.  It’s a bug fix in that Solr ShingleFilter queries currently don’t work when sow=false; the patch allows for schema configuration that makes them function by disabling QueryBuilder’s graph query construction.

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Apr 4, 2017, at 2:29 PM, Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'd also like to include fix for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10421 which should be just four lines of actual fix, plus ideally a test for it which will be more than four lines ...

Re: 6.5.1 release?

Tomás Fernández Löbbe
I'd also like to include SOLR-10425. PointFields ignore indexed="false". We are working on a fix and some more tests with Hoss. Should be committed between today and tomorrow

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 11:48 AM, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
I’d like to include SOLR-10423.  It’s a bug fix in that Solr ShingleFilter queries currently don’t work when sow=false; the patch allows for schema configuration that makes them function by disabling QueryBuilder’s graph query construction.

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Apr 4, 2017, at 2:29 PM, Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'd also like to include fix for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10421 which should be just four lines of actual fix, plus ideally a test for it which will be more than four lines ...

Re: 6.5.1 release?

Joel Bernstein
Lots of bugs!

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 5:02 PM, Tomás Fernández Löbbe <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'd also like to include SOLR-10425. PointFields ignore indexed="false". We are working on a fix and some more tests with Hoss. Should be committed between today and tomorrow

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 11:48 AM, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
I’d like to include SOLR-10423.  It’s a bug fix in that Solr ShingleFilter queries currently don’t work when sow=false; the patch allows for schema configuration that makes them function by disabling QueryBuilder’s graph query construction.

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Apr 4, 2017, at 2:29 PM, Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'd also like to include fix for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10421 which should be just four lines of actual fix, plus ideally a test for it which will be more than four lines ...

Re: 6.5.1 release?

Joel Bernstein
It looks like all the bug fixes are in. I'll start on the release candidate this morning. This is my first time as RM, so I may need some guidance along the way.

Thanks!
Joel

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 5:17 PM, Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
Lots of bugs!

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 5:02 PM, Tomás Fernández Löbbe <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'd also like to include SOLR-10425. PointFields ignore indexed="false". We are working on a fix and some more tests with Hoss. Should be committed between today and tomorrow

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 11:48 AM, Steve Rowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
I’d like to include SOLR-10423.  It’s a bug fix in that Solr ShingleFilter queries currently don’t work when sow=false; the patch allows for schema configuration that makes them function by disabling QueryBuilder’s graph query construction.

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

> On Apr 4, 2017, at 2:29 PM, Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'd also like to include fix for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10421 which should be just four lines of actual fix, plus ideally a test for it which will be more than four lines ...

Re: 6.5.1 release?

Ishan Chattopadhyaya
Joel, I had encountered many issues during the release of 6.4.2, as it was my first time. Steve helped me out quite a bit.
I have recorded some of my steps at the end of the release guide (https://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseTodo#Personal_notes). Please feel free to update the guide and/or link your notes at the end.

123