7.1 Ref Guide plans

Cassandra Targett
Hi -

7.1 happened so fast we're a little late getting out the Ref Guide for
it, but I think it's close to ready to go. There are a couple things
I'm waiting on:

- Autoscaling docs - Shalin is working on a substantial set of edits
here and promised these in the next couple of days.
- Analytics Component - it needs a bit more review, but it's getting
close. If it's not ready by the time the Autoscaling docs are ready,
I'll push this into 7.2.

I did a review of CHANGES.txt at the end of last week to see what doc
updates still needed to be done, and was incredibly heartened and glad
to see that besides the things I already knew about nearly all of the
other changes that needed doc updates were done at the time of the
commits. This is fantastic progress, and I'm personally thankful to
everyone for making the effort.

My current plan is to get an RC of the Ref Guide out by Friday this
week, hopefully by Thursday if things are ready. If anyone has
anything they wanted to get in that's not on the above list, please
let me know.

Cassandra

Re: 7.1 Ref Guide plans

Jason Gerlowski
Hi Cassandra,

I'd like to put in a tentative vote for getting SOLR-11032 in for the
next ref-guide release.  It has a much-needed refresh of the "Using
SolrJ" page, which has fallen a few releases behind.

I say "tentative" above because I don't think anyone has taken a look
at reviewing the patch there yet.  It might be far from where it needs
to be.  If so, I don't want it to hold up the release.  But if it's
reasonably close, it'd be nice to get in IMO.

Best,

Jason

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 11:23 AM, Cassandra Targett
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi -
>
> 7.1 happened so fast we're a little late getting out the Ref Guide for
> it, but I think it's close to ready to go. There are a couple things
> I'm waiting on:
>
> - Autoscaling docs - Shalin is working on a substantial set of edits
> here and promised these in the next couple of days.
> - Analytics Component - it needs a bit more review, but it's getting
> close. If it's not ready by the time the Autoscaling docs are ready,
> I'll push this into 7.2.
>
> I did a review of CHANGES.txt at the end of last week to see what doc
> updates still needed to be done, and was incredibly heartened and glad
> to see that besides the things I already knew about nearly all of the
> other changes that needed doc updates were done at the time of the
> commits. This is fantastic progress, and I'm personally thankful to
> everyone for making the effort.
>
> My current plan is to get an RC of the Ref Guide out by Friday this
> week, hopefully by Thursday if things are ready. If anyone has
> anything they wanted to get in that's not on the above list, please
> let me know.
>
> Cassandra

Re: 7.1 Ref Guide plans

Cassandra Targett
Thanks Jason, Let me see if I can review SOLR-11032 today since I
haven't looked at your latest patch yet.