AEM SOLR integaration

Gunalan V
Hello,

I'm looking for suggestion in building the SOLR infrastructure so Kindly
let me know if anyone has integerated AEM (Adobe Experience Manager) with
SOLR?

Thanks,
GVK

Re: AEM SOLR integaration

Nicole Bilić
Hi,

Maybe this could help you out http://www.aemsolrsearch.com/

Regards,
Nicole

On Sep 22, 2017 05:41, "Gunalan V" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for suggestion in building the SOLR infrastructure so Kindly
> let me know if anyone has integerated AEM (Adobe Experience Manager) with
> SOLR?
>

> Thanks,
> GVK

Re: AEM SOLR integaration

Atita Arora
https://www.slideshare.net/DEEPAKKHETAWAT/basics-of-solr-and-solr-integration-with-aem6-61150010

This could probably help too along with the link Nicole shared.

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 12:28 PM, Nicole Bilić <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Maybe this could help you out http://www.aemsolrsearch.com/
>
> Regards,
> Nicole
>
> On Sep 22, 2017 05:41, "Gunalan V" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm looking for suggestion in building the SOLR infrastructure so Kindly
> > let me know if anyone has integerated AEM (Adobe Experience Manager) with
> > SOLR?
> >

> > Thanks,
> > GVK

Re: AEM SOLR integaration

Gunalan V
Thank You!

I was looking for some suggestions in building the SOLR infrastructure.

Like how each AEM instance should point to ? Might be one AEM instance to
one SOLR cloud (With internal zookeeper) in all environments or any
specific architecture we need to follow while going with AEM.

Thanks,
GVK

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 02:58 Atita Arora <[hidden email]> wrote:

> https://www.slideshare.net/DEEPAKKHETAWAT/basics-of-solr-and-solr-integration-with-aem6-61150010
>
> This could probably help too along with the link Nicole shared.
>
> On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 12:28 PM, Nicole Bilić <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Maybe this could help you out http://www.aemsolrsearch.com/
> >
> > Regards,
> > Nicole
> >
> > On Sep 22, 2017 05:41, "Gunalan V" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I'm looking for suggestion in building the SOLR infrastructure so
> Kindly
> > > let me know if anyone has integerated AEM (Adobe Experience Manager)
> with
> > > SOLR?
> > >

> > > Thanks,
> > > GVK

RE: AEM SOLR integaration

Davis, Daniel (NIH/NLM) [C]
Gunalan,

I think this depends on your system environment.   It is a general "service discovery" issue.   On-premise, my organization uses f5 BigIP as a load balancer, and so we merely have f5 LTM direct traffic from one name to any of a number of Solr instances.   If they are all SolrCloud, it mostly just works.

In AWS Cloud, the same thing could work with an Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) or Application Load Balancer (ALB), which is more flexible.

AEM Solr Search appears to be for embedding search results into AEM, rather than to index AEM content in a structured manner.   These are two different but related features.   Which are you looking to do?

Hope this helps,

-Dan

I was looking for some suggestions in building the SOLR infrastructure.

Like how each AEM instance should point to ? Might be one AEM instance to one SOLR cloud (With internal zookeeper) in all environments or any specific architecture we need to follow while going with AEM.

Thanks,
GVK

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 02:58 Atita Arora <[hidden email]> wrote:

> https://www.slideshare.net/DEEPAKKHETAWAT/basics-of-solr-and-solr-inte
> gration-with-aem6-61150010
>
> This could probably help too along with the link Nicole shared.
>
> On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 12:28 PM, Nicole Bilić
> <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Maybe this could help you out http://www.aemsolrsearch.com/
> >
> > Regards,
> > Nicole
> >
> > On Sep 22, 2017 05:41, "Gunalan V" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I'm looking for suggestion in building the SOLR infrastructure so
> Kindly
> > > let me know if anyone has integerated AEM (Adobe Experience
> > > Manager)
> with
> > > SOLR?
> > >

> > > Thanks,
> > > GVK

Re: AEM SOLR integaration

Tommaso Teofili
integrating can be done in AEM at different layers, however my suggestion
would be to enable that at the repository (Oak) level [1] so that usual AEM
search would also take ACLs into account.

[1] : http://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/query/solr.html

Il giorno ven 22 set 2017 alle ore 18:47 Davis, Daniel (NIH/NLM) [C] <
[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Gunalan,
>
> I think this depends on your system environment.   It is a general
> "service discovery" issue.   On-premise, my organization uses f5 BigIP as a
> load balancer, and so we merely have f5 LTM direct traffic from one name to
> any of a number of Solr instances.   If they are all SolrCloud, it mostly
> just works.
>
> In AWS Cloud, the same thing could work with an Elastic Load Balancer
> (ELB) or Application Load Balancer (ALB), which is more flexible.
>
> AEM Solr Search appears to be for embedding search results into AEM,
> rather than to index AEM content in a structured manner.   These are two
> different but related features.   Which are you looking to do?
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> -Dan

Re: AEM SOLR integaration

Gunalan V
Thanks Daniel and Tommaso!

I will go through the links shared.

On integrating SOLR with AEM, Do we need to have individual SOLRCloud for
each AEM instance ? Or we can have a common SOLR cloud for all AEM instance
in each environment.

We are not using shared data store. So any pointers on this would be
helpful!