[ANN] Luke 0.8 released

Andrzej Białecki-2
Hi all,

I just released Luke 0.8, the Lucene Index Toolbox. As usually, you
can get it here:

        http://www.getopt.org/luke/

This release upgrades to the official Lucene 2.3.0 release JARs.
NOTE: this version of Luke requires Java 1.5 or higher.

The following changes have been made in this release:

New features and improvements:
------------------------------
* Added ability to show full text of a field in a popup dialog,
   both in plain text and as a hexadecimal dump.

* It's also possible to save the content of a single field to an
   external file. This is useful for saving binary fields, or examining
   exact byte content of a field.

* Added an option to load the index to RAMDirectory. NOTE: obviously
   you should take into account the index size vs. the available heap
   size ... ;)

* GrowableStringArray is a separate public class now - perhaps some
   day I'll use it to implement a bulk document reconstruct function.

* Luke remembers now the last Analyzer and last field used in a previous
   session.

Bug fixes:
----------
Neither the document nor the field details have the "Boost" column
anymore, it's always 1.0f in documents retrieved from an index. Instead
this column now reads "Norms" and shows the fieldNorm value of a field.

Have fun!

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><

Re: [ANN] Luke 0.8 released

Andrzej Białecki-2
Andrzej Bialecki wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just released Luke 0.8, the Lucene Index Toolbox. As usually, you
> can get it here:

There was a minor issue with this release - Snowball analyzers were not
included in the lukeall.jar. I fixed this and uploaded the new binary
(no change in the version).

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><