17 June 2016, Apache Lucene™ 6.1.0 available
The Lucene PMC is pleased to announce the release of Apache Lucene 6.1.0.
Apache Lucene is a high-performance, full-featured text search engine
library written entirely in Java. It is a technology suitable for nearly
any application that requires full-text search, especially cross-platform.
* Numerous improvements to LatLonPoint, for indexing a latitude/longitude
point and searching by polygon, distance or box, or finding nearest
* Geo3D now has simple APIs for creating common shape queries, matching
* Faster indexing and searching of points.
* Faster geo-spatial indexing and searching for LatLonPoint, Geo3D and
GeoPoint (see http://home.apache.org/~mikemccand/geobench.html )
* HardlinkCopyDirectoryWrapper optimizes file copies using hard links
* In case of contention, the query cache now prefers returning an
uncached Scorer rather than waiting on a lock.
* BooleanQuery could sometimes assign too low scores to ranges of
documents that matched a single clause.
* Doc values updates could sometimes be applied in the wrong order.
Note: The Apache Software Foundation uses an extensive mirroring network
for distributing releases. It is possible that the mirror you are using
may not have replicated the release yet. If that is the case, please
try another mirror. This also applies to Maven access.