Solr is the popular, blazing fast, open source NoSQL search platform
from the Apache Lucene project. Its major features include powerful
full-text search, hit highlighting, faceted search and analytics, rich
document parsing, geospatial search, extensive REST APIs as well as
parallel SQL. Solr is enterprise grade, secure and highly scalable,
providing fault tolerant distributed search and indexing, and powers
the search and navigation features of many of the world's largest
Solr 6.3.0 is available for immediate download at:
DocValues, streaming, /export, machine learning:
* Optimize, store and deploy AI models in Solr
* Ability to add custom streaming expressions
* New streaming expressions such as "fetch", "executor", and "commit" added.
* Parallel SQL accepts <, >, =, etc., symbols.
* Support facet scoring with the scoreNodes expression
* Retrieving docValues as stored values was sped up by using the
proper leaf reader rather than ask for a global view. In extreme
cases, this leads to a 100x speedup.
* facet.method=enum can bypass exact counts calculation with
facet.exists=true, it just returns 1 for terms which exists in result
* Add "overrequest" parameter to JSON Facet API to control amount of
overrequest on a distributed terms facet
* You can now set Solr's log level through environment variable SOLR_LOG_LEVEL
* GC logs are rotated by JVM to a max of 9 files, and backed up via
* Solr's logging verbosity at the INFO level has been greatly reduced
by moving much logging to DEBUG level
* The solr-8983-console.log file now only logs STDOUT and STDERR
output, not all log4j logs as before
* Solr's main log file, solr.log, is now written to SOLR_LOGS_DIR
without changing log4j.properties
* Allow 180 seconds for shutdown before killing solr (configurable,
old limit 5s) (Unix only)
* Start scripts now exits with informative message if using wrong Java version
* Fixed "bin/solr.cmd zk upconfig" command which was broken on windows
* You can now ask for DEBUG logging simply with '-v' option, and for
WARN logging with '-q' option
* The DELETEREPLICA API can accept a 'count' parameter and remove
"count" number of replicas from each shard if the shard name is not
* The config API shows expanded useParams for request handlers inline
* Ability to create/delete/list snapshots at collection level
* The modify collection API now waits for the modified properties to
show up in the cluster state before returning
* Many bug fixes related to SolrCloud recovery for data safety and
faster recovery times.
* SolrJ now supports Kerberos delegation tokens
* Pooled SSL connections were not being re-used. This is now fixed.
* Fix for the blockUnknown property which made inter-node
* Support SOLR_AUTHENTICATION_OPTS and
SOLR_AUTHENTICATION_CLIENT_CONFIGURER in windows bin/solr.cmd script
* New parameter -u <user:pass> in bin/post to pass basicauth credentials
* Optimizations to lower memory allocations when indexing JSON as well
as for replication between solr cloud nodes.
* A new Excel workbook (.xlsx) response writer has been added. Use
'wt=xlsx' request parameter on a query request to enable.
Note: The Apache Software Foundation uses an extensive mirroring
network for distributing releases. It is possible that the mirror you
are using may not have replicated the release yet. If that is the
case, please try another mirror. This also applies to Maven access.