[ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 1.5 Released

Dave Meikle
The Apache Tika project is pleased to announce the release of Apache Tika 1.5. The release contents have been pushed out to the main Apache release site and to the Maven Central sync, so the releases should be available as soon as the mirrors get the syncs.

Apache Tika is a toolkit for detecting and extracting metadata and structured text content from various documents using existing parser libraries.

Apache Tika 1.5 contains a number of improvements and bug fixes. Details can be found in the changes file:
http://www.apache.org/dist/tika/CHANGES-1.5.txt

Apache Tika is available in source form from the following download page:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/tika/apache-tika-1.5-src.zip

Apache Tika is also available in binary form or for use using Maven 2 from the Central Repository:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tika/

In the initial 48 hours, the release may not be available on all mirrors. When downloading from a mirror site, please remember to verify the downloads using signatures found on the Apache site:
https://people.apache.org/keys/group/tika.asc

For more information on Apache Tika, visit the project home page:
http://tika.apache.org/

-- Dave Meikle, on behalf of the Apache Tika community

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 1.5 Released

Stefano Fornari
Congratulations Dave and team!

Ste

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 11:18 PM, David Meikle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Apache Tika project is pleased to announce the release of Apache Tika
> 1.5. The release contents have been pushed out to the main Apache release
> site and to the Maven Central sync, so the releases should be available as
> soon as the mirrors get the syncs.
>
> Apache Tika is a toolkit for detecting and extracting metadata and
> structured text content from various documents using existing parser
> libraries.
>
> Apache Tika 1.5 contains a number of improvements and bug fixes. Details
> can be found in the changes file:
> http://www.apache.org/dist/tika/CHANGES-1.5.txt
>
> Apache Tika is available in source form from the following download page:
> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/tika/apache-tika-1.5-src.zip
>
> Apache Tika is also available in binary form or for use using Maven 2 from
> the Central Repository:
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tika/
>
> In the initial 48 hours, the release may not be available on all mirrors.
> When downloading from a mirror site, please remember to verify the
> downloads using signatures found on the Apache site:
> https://people.apache.org/keys/group/tika.asc
>
> For more information on Apache Tika, visit the project home page:
> http://tika.apache.org/
>
> -- Dave Meikle, on behalf of the Apache Tika community

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 1.5 Released

Mattmann, Chris A (3010)
woot, here here!

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Chief Architect
Office: 171-283, Mailstop: 171-246
Email: [hidden email]
WWW:  http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

From: Stefano Fornari <[hidden email]>
Date: Friday, February 21, 2014 11:29 PM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Cc: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>, "[hidden email]"
<[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 1.5 Released

>Congratulations Dave and team!
>
>Ste
>

>On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 11:18 PM, David Meikle <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> The Apache Tika project is pleased to announce the release of Apache
>>Tika
>> 1.5. The release contents have been pushed out to the main Apache
>>release
>> site and to the Maven Central sync, so the releases should be available
>>as
>> soon as the mirrors get the syncs.
>>
>> Apache Tika is a toolkit for detecting and extracting metadata and
>> structured text content from various documents using existing parser
>> libraries.
>>
>> Apache Tika 1.5 contains a number of improvements and bug fixes. Details
>> can be found in the changes file:
>> http://www.apache.org/dist/tika/CHANGES-1.5.txt
>>
>> Apache Tika is available in source form from the following download
>>page:
>> http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/tika/apache-tika-1.5-src.zip
>>
>> Apache Tika is also available in binary form or for use using Maven 2
>>from
>> the Central Repository:
>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tika/
>>
>> In the initial 48 hours, the release may not be available on all
>>mirrors.
>> When downloading from a mirror site, please remember to verify the
>> downloads using signatures found on the Apache site:
>> https://people.apache.org/keys/group/tika.asc
>>
>> For more information on Apache Tika, visit the project home page:
>> http://tika.apache.org/
>>
>> -- Dave Meikle, on behalf of the Apache Tika community

RE: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 1.5 Released

Hong-Thai Nguyen
Anyone can create branch remotes/origin/1.5  on git ?

Thanks

Hong-Thai

-- Dave Meikle, on behalf of the Apache Tika community

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 1.5 Released

Jukka Zitting
Hi,

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 8:27 AM, Hong-Thai Nguyen
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Anyone can create branch remotes/origin/1.5  on git ?

Do we need a 1.5 branch?

BR,

Jukka Zitting

RE: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 1.5 Released

Hong-Thai Nguyen
I guess that users could maintain hotfixes basing on a released branch in attending next release.  We have already branches for old releases:
hong-thai.nguyen@HTN-PC /c/git/tika (trunk)
$ git branch -a
* trunk
  remotes/origin/0.1-incubating
  remotes/origin/0.10
  remotes/origin/0.2
  remotes/origin/0.3
  remotes/origin/0.4-rc1
  remotes/origin/0.4-rc2
  remotes/origin/0.5
  remotes/origin/0.6
  remotes/origin/0.7
  remotes/origin/0.8
  remotes/origin/0.9
  remotes/origin/0.x
  remotes/origin/1.2
  remotes/origin/1.3
  remotes/origin/1.4
  remotes/origin/HEAD -> origin/trunk
  remotes/origin/TIKA-204
  remotes/origin/trunk

Hong-Thai

Jukka Zitting

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 1.5 Released

Jukka Zitting
Hi,

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 10:14 AM, Hong-Thai Nguyen
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I guess that users could maintain hotfixes basing on a released branch in attending next release.

Right, at least there's no harm in having the branch, so I just
created it in revision 1574919.

BR,

Jukka Zitting