About TestClusters of Hadoop

Robin Anil
Hi,                I have gone as far as i can in testing Bayes Code using
20Newsgroups.  It would be great if we can test the code
over Wikipedia dump. But my laptop is no match for it :). If any test
cluster is available for mahout developers, i would certainly like to get my
hands on it for some time. So would others on the list.

Robin

Re: About TestClusters of Hadoop

IsabelDrost
On Tuesday 07 July 2009 15:50:05 Robin Anil wrote:
> If any test cluster is available for mahout developers, i would certainly
> like to get my hands on it for some time. So would others on the list.

Committers do get credits for Amazon EC2 - however I wonder whether there is
anything we can do for our GSoC students.

Isabel

--
  |\      _,,,---,,_       Web:   <http://www.isabel-drost.de>
  /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_
 |,4-  ) )-,_..;\ (  `'-'
'---''(_/--'  `-'\_) (fL)  IM:  <xmpp://[hidden email]>

Re: About TestClusters of Hadoop

Grant Ingersoll-2
I'm not sure what to offer here Robin.  You might ask on the GSOC
student mailing list.  Otherwise, perhaps a smaller set of Wikipedia
for now or you could buy some EC2 time.  It is fairly cheap to do a
few experiments, I think.  Obviously not something long term.  I'll
ask around, too.

On Jul 7, 2009, at 9:50 AM, Robin Anil wrote:

> Hi,                I have gone as far as i can in testing Bayes Code
> using
> 20Newsgroups.  It would be great if we can test the code
> over Wikipedia dump. But my laptop is no match for it :). If any test
> cluster is available for mahout developers, i would certainly like
> to get my
> hands on it for some time. So would others on the list.
>
> Robin

--------------------------
Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

using Solr/Lucene:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search

Re: About TestClusters of Hadoop

Ted Dunning
I talked to our Amazon rep and found that they have a standard procedure for
allowing educational projects on EC2.  I sent private email to Robin with
details.

Any other student working on Mahout projects should email me directly for
the details.

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 4:19 AM, Grant Ingersoll <[hidden email]>wrote:

> I'm not sure what to offer here Robin.  You might ask on the GSOC student
> mailing list.  Otherwise, perhaps a smaller set of Wikipedia for now or you
> could buy some EC2 time.  It is fairly cheap to do a few experiments, I
> think.  Obviously not something long term.  I'll ask around, too.
>

> On Jul 7, 2009, at 9:50 AM, Robin Anil wrote:
>
>  Hi,                I have gone as far as i can in testing Bayes Code using
>> 20Newsgroups.  It would be great if we can test the code
>> over Wikipedia dump. But my laptop is no match for it :). If any test
>> cluster is available for mahout developers, i would certainly like to get
>> my
>> hands on it for some time. So would others on the list.
>>
>> Robin
>>

> --------------------------
> Grant Ingersoll
> http://www.lucidimagination.com/
>
> Search the Lucene ecosystem (Lucene/Solr/Nutch/Mahout/Tika/Droids) using
> Solr/Lucene:

Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve

111 West Evelyn Ave. Ste. 202