Quantcast

Adding Carrot2

Eric Martin
Hi,

Solr and nutch have been working fine. I now want to integrate Carrot2. I
followed this tutorial/quickstart:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2009/09/28/solrs-new-clustering-capabil
ities/

I didn't see anything to adjust in my schema so I didn't do anything there.
I did add the code to the solrconfig.xml though. I am getting this when I
start Solr now:

Command: java -Dsolr.clustering.enabled=true -jar start.jar

Nov 7, 2010 11:35:16 AM org.apache.solr.common.SolrException log

SEVERE: java.lang.RuntimeException: [solrconfig.xml] requestHandler: missing
mandatory attribute 'class'

Anyone run into issues with Carrot2?

Eric

Re: Adding Carrot2

Lance Norskog-2
Carrot is already part of the Solr distributions. 1.4.1 and 3.x and the trunk.

Lance Norskog

RE: Adding Carrot2

Eric Martin
Yeah I know, you have to download the libraries and copy them to your /lib inside of Solr. In Solr 1.4 the plugin is available but the libraries are not. http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2009/09/28/solrs-new-clustering-capabilities/

I think there is something wrong with the schema and solrconfig (xml's) integration. Some documentation on Apache says it's already written into the xml and some says its not. Searching the xml's in Solr I find no reference to clustering. Now that I think about it, I copied over the solrconfig.xml and schema.xml with my Drupal/ApacheSolr xml's.

I think I may have answered my own question as to why the clustering isn't running correctly. I will go get a copy of the default xml's and if I find it there, I will try and merge them. Does this sound I am on the right path now?

--
Lance Norskog

Re: Adding Carrot2

Lance Norskog-2
There are three xml sets. The solr/example set, the drupal solr, AND
the set in contrib/clustering/src/test/resources/solr/conf/. These are
what clustering is actually tested with. So, the first order of
business is to check if clustering works with example/solr/conf. The
diffs looked like the clustering files were just old versions of
example/solr. But they might need a little merging.

Lance

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Eric Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yeah I know, you have to download the libraries and copy them to your /lib inside of Solr. In Solr 1.4 the plugin is available but the libraries are not. http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2009/09/28/solrs-new-clustering-capabilities/
>
> I think there is something wrong with the schema and solrconfig (xml's) integration. Some documentation on Apache says it's already written into the xml and some says its not. Searching the xml's in Solr I find no reference to clustering. Now that I think about it, I copied over the solrconfig.xml and schema.xml with my Drupal/ApacheSolr xml's.
>
> I think I may have answered my own question as to why the clustering isn't running correctly. I will go get a copy of the default xml's and if I find it there, I will try and merge them. Does this sound I am on the right path now?

Lance Norskog