Admin Console Question

WebsterHomer
We're in the process of upgrading to Solr 7.1. I noticed that the 7.1 Admin
Dashboard in the Console no longer displays the Args section showing all
the startup parameters. Instead I just see "Arg" with nothing next to it.
This has been quite useful as we don't have access to the startup scripts
in production (or even QA) it allowed me to at a glance see what the
parameters were.

How do I enable this display in 7.1? In 6.* it was just there out of the
box.

Thanks

otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to
any other person. If you have received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment
from your system. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its
subsidiaries do not accept liability for any omissions or errors in this
message which may arise as a result of E-Mail-transmission or for damages
resulting from any unauthorized changes of the content of this message and
any attachment thereto. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its
subsidiaries do not guarantee that this message is free of viruses and does
not accept liability for any damages caused by any virus transmitted
therewith.

Click http://www.emdgroup.com/disclaimer to access the German, French,
Spanish and Portuguese versions of this disclaimer.

Re: Admin Console Question

Cassandra Targett
I just started 7.1 and see the Args section populated and I don't recall
any issue that intended to modify the prior behavior.

Can you describe how you're starting?

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 9:33 AM, Webster Homer <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> We're in the process of upgrading to Solr 7.1. I noticed that the 7.1 Admin
> Dashboard in the Console no longer displays the Args section showing all
> the startup parameters. Instead I just see "Arg" with nothing next to it.
> This has been quite useful as we don't have access to the startup scripts
> in production (or even QA) it allowed me to at a glance see what the
> parameters were.
>
> How do I enable this display in 7.1? In 6.* it was just there out of the
> box.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
>

> This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or
> otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient,
> you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to
> any other person. If you have received this transmission in error, please
> notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment
> from your system. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its
> subsidiaries do not accept liability for any omissions or errors in this
> message which may arise as a result of E-Mail-transmission or for damages
> resulting from any unauthorized changes of the content of this message and
> any attachment thereto. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its
> subsidiaries do not guarantee that this message is free of viruses and does
> not accept liability for any damages caused by any virus transmitted
> therewith.
>
> Click http://www.emdgroup.com/disclaimer to access the German, French,
> Spanish and Portuguese versions of this disclaimer.

Re: Admin Console Question

Shawn Heisey-2
On 11/14/2017 8:33 AM, Webster Homer wrote:
> We're in the process of upgrading to Solr 7.1. I noticed that the 7.1 Admin
> Dashboard in the Console no longer displays the Args section showing all
> the startup parameters. Instead I just see "Arg" with nothing next to it.
> This has been quite useful as we don't have access to the startup scripts
> in production (or even QA) it allowed me to at a glance see what the
> parameters were.
>
> How do I enable this display in 7.1? In 6.* it was just there out of the
> box.

I just fired up 7.1.0 from a recent download and I see the arguments in
the admin UI with no problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sedvin46zz25xag/solr71-admin-ui-java-args.png?dl=0

Can you provide a similar screenshot?

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: Admin Console Question

Erick Erickson
Webster:

What browser and version of browser?

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 7:49 AM, Shawn Heisey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 11/14/2017 8:33 AM, Webster Homer wrote:
>> We're in the process of upgrading to Solr 7.1. I noticed that the 7.1 Admin
>> Dashboard in the Console no longer displays the Args section showing all
>> the startup parameters. Instead I just see "Arg" with nothing next to it.
>> This has been quite useful as we don't have access to the startup scripts
>> in production (or even QA) it allowed me to at a glance see what the
>> parameters were.
>>
>> How do I enable this display in 7.1? In 6.* it was just there out of the
>> box.
>
> I just fired up 7.1.0 from a recent download and I see the arguments in
> the admin UI with no problem.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/sedvin46zz25xag/solr71-admin-ui-java-args.png?dl=0
>
> Can you provide a similar screenshot?
>
> Thanks,
> Shawn

Re: [WARNING: DropBox links may be malicious.] Re: Admin Console Question

WebsterHomer
I am using chrome Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I only see a little icon and the word "Args" with nothing displayed.  I
just checked with Firefox (version 56.0.2)  and I see the same thing.
Args is not clickable

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 9:53 AM, Erick Erickson <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Webster:
>
> What browser and version of browser?
>
> On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 7:49 AM, Shawn Heisey <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On 11/14/2017 8:33 AM, Webster Homer wrote:
> >> We're in the process of upgrading to Solr 7.1. I noticed that the 7.1
> Admin
> >> Dashboard in the Console no longer displays the Args section showing all
> >> the startup parameters. Instead I just see "Arg" with nothing next to
> it.
> >> This has been quite useful as we don't have access to the startup
> scripts
> >> in production (or even QA) it allowed me to at a glance see what the
> >> parameters were.
> >>
> >> How do I enable this display in 7.1? In 6.* it was just there out of the
> >> box.
> >
> > I just fired up 7.1.0 from a recent download and I see the arguments in
> > the admin UI with no problem.
> >
> > https://www.dropbox.com/s/sedvin46zz25xag/solr71-admin-
> ui-java-args.png?dl=0
> >
> > Can you provide a similar screenshot?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Shawn

otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to
any other person. If you have received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment
from your system. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its
subsidiaries do not accept liability for any omissions or errors in this
message which may arise as a result of E-Mail-transmission or for damages
resulting from any unauthorized changes of the content of this message and
any attachment thereto. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its
subsidiaries do not guarantee that this message is free of viruses and does
not accept liability for any damages caused by any virus transmitted
therewith.

Click http://www.emdgroup.com/disclaimer to access the German, French,
Spanish and Portuguese versions of this disclaimer.

Re: [WARNING: DropBox links may be malicious.] Re: Admin Console Question

WebsterHomer
For what it's worth, all of our solr installations install solr as a service

On 11/14/2017 11:43 AM, Webster Homer wrote:
> I am using chrome Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit) I
> only see a little icon and the word "Args" with nothing displayed. I
> just checked with Firefox (version 56.0.2) and I see the same thing.

That's the same version of Chrome that I used, and I do see the args.

Later in the thread you mentioned that Solr is installed as a service.
I installed Solr 7.1.0 as a service on a Linux machine, and that version
is also working.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w3htgf83mmdvgx4/solr71-service-admin-ui-java-args.png?dl=0

Can you create a screenshot similar to the one I have shared via
dropbox, so we can see everything you do?  You'll likely need to use a
file sharing site -- attachments frequently are stripped by the mailing
list software.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: Admin Console Question

Rick Leir-2
Homer
In chrome, right-click and choose 'inspect' at the bottom. Now go to the network tab then reload the page. Are you seeing errors? Tell!
Thanks
Rick

On November 14, 2017 3:14:46 PM EST, Shawn Heisey <[hidden email]> wrote:

>On 11/14/2017 11:43 AM, Webster Homer wrote:
>> I am using chrome Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit) I
>> only see a little icon and the word "Args" with nothing displayed. I
>> just checked with Firefox (version 56.0.2) and I see the same thing.
>
>That's the same version of Chrome that I used, and I do see the args.
>
>Later in the thread you mentioned that Solr is installed as a service.
>I installed Solr 7.1.0 as a service on a Linux machine, and that
>version
>is also working.
>
>https://www.dropbox.com/s/w3htgf83mmdvgx4/solr71-service-admin-ui-java-args.png?dl=0
>
>Can you create a screenshot similar to the one I have shared via
>dropbox, so we can see everything you do?  You'll likely need to use a
>file sharing site -- attachments frequently are stripped by the mailing
>list software.
>
>Thanks,
>Shawn

Re: [WARNING: DropBox links may be malicious.] Re: Admin Console Question

WebsterHomer
I found that my boss's solr admin console did display the Args the only
install I have that does...
I do see errors in both Consoles. I see more errors on the ones that don't
display Args
Here are the errors that only show up when Args doesn't:
Error: [ngRepeat:dupes] Duplicates in a repeater are not allowed. Use
'track by' expression to specify unique keys. Repeater: arg in
commandLineArgs, Duplicate key: string:-XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation, Duplicate
value: -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation
http://errors.angularjs.org/1.3.8/ngRepeat/dupes?p0=arg%20in%20commandLineArgs&p1=string%3A-XX%3A%2BUseGCLogFileRotation&p2=-XX%3A%2BUseGCLogFileRotation
    at angular.js:86
    at ngRepeatAction (angular.js:24506)
    at Object.$watchCollectionAction [as fn] (angular.js:14115)
    at Scope.$digest (angular.js:14248)
    at Scope.$apply (angular.js:14511)
    at done (angular.js:9669)
    at completeRequest (angular.js:9859)
    at XMLHttpRequest.requestLoaded (angular.js:9800)
(anonymous) @ angular.js:11617

This is all of the errors I see when loading the page. Most of these show
up when loading the page

angular.js:11617 TypeError: Cannot read property 'default_text' of undefined
    at initOrUpdate (angular-chosen.js:80)
    at NgModelController.ngModel.$render (angular-chosen.js:95)
    at Object.ngModelWatch (angular.js:20998)
    at Scope.$digest (angular.js:14240)
    at Scope.$apply (angular.js:14511)
    at bootstrapApply (angular.js:1472)
    at Object.invoke (angular.js:4205)
    at doBootstrap (angular.js:1470)
    at bootstrap (angular.js:1490)
    at angularInit (angular.js:1384)
(anonymous) @ angular.js:11617
(anonymous) @ angular.js:8567
$digest @ angular.js:14266
$apply @ angular.js:14511
bootstrapApply @ angular.js:1472
invoke @ angular.js:4205
doBootstrap @ angular.js:1470
bootstrap @ angular.js:1490
angularInit @ angular.js:1384
(anonymous) @ angular.js:26088
j @ jquery-2.1.3.min.js:27
fireWith @ jquery-2.1.3.min.js:27
ready @ jquery-2.1.3.min.js:27
I @ jquery-2.1.3.min.js:27
2angular.js:11617 TypeError: Cannot read property 'results_none_found' of
undefined
    at disableWithMessage (angular-chosen.js:89)
    at angular-chosen.js:123
    at angular.js:16228
    at completeOutstandingRequest (angular.js:4925)
    at angular.js:5305
(anonymous) @ angular.js:11617
(anonymous) @ angular.js:8567
(anonymous) @ angular.js:16231
completeOutstandingRequest @ angular.js:4925
(anonymous) @ angular.js:5305
setTimeout (async)
Browser.self.defer @ angular.js:5303
timeout @ angular.js:16226
(anonymous) @ angular-chosen.js:114
$watchCollectionAction @ angular.js:14113
$digest @ angular.js:14248
$apply @ angular.js:14511
bootstrapApply @ angular.js:1472
invoke @ angular.js:4205
doBootstrap @ angular.js:1470
bootstrap @ angular.js:1490
angularInit @ angular.js:1384
(anonymous) @ angular.js:26088
j @ jquery-2.1.3.min.js:27
fireWith @ jquery-2.1.3.min.js:27
ready @ jquery-2.1.3.min.js:27
I @ jquery-2.1.3.min.js:27
ngtimeago.js:92 about 17 hoursago
angular.js:11617 Error: [ngRepeat:dupes] Duplicates in a repeater are not
allowed. Use 'track by' expression to specify unique keys. Repeater: arg in
commandLineArgs, Duplicate key: string:-Xss256k, Duplicate value: -Xss256k
http://errors.angularjs.org/1.3.8/ngRepeat/dupes?p0=arg%20in%20commandLineArgs&p1=string%3A-Xss256k&p2=-Xss256k
done @ angular.js:9669
completeRequest @ angular.js:9859
requestLoaded @ angular.js:9800
XMLHttpRequest.send (async)
(anonymous) @ angular.js:9837
sendReq @ angular.js:9638
serverRequest @ angular.js:9354
processQueue @ angular.js:13193
(anonymous) @ angular.js:13209
$eval @ angular.js:14406
$digest @ angular.js:14222
$apply @ angular.js:14511
done @ angular.js:9669

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 7:12 PM, Rick Leir <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Homer
> In chrome, right-click and choose 'inspect' at the bottom. Now go to the
> network tab then reload the page. Are you seeing errors? Tell!
> Thanks
> Rick
>
> On November 14, 2017 3:14:46 PM EST, Shawn Heisey <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >On 11/14/2017 11:43 AM, Webster Homer wrote:
> >> I am using chrome Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit) I
> >> only see a little icon and the word "Args" with nothing displayed. I
> >> just checked with Firefox (version 56.0.2) and I see the same thing.
> >
> >That's the same version of Chrome that I used, and I do see the args.
> >
> >Later in the thread you mentioned that Solr is installed as a service.
> >I installed Solr 7.1.0 as a service on a Linux machine, and that
> >version
> >is also working.
> >
> >https://www.dropbox.com/s/w3htgf83mmdvgx4/solr71-
> service-admin-ui-java-args.png?dl=0
> >
> >Can you create a screenshot similar to the one I have shared via
> >dropbox, so we can see everything you do?  You'll likely need to use a
> >file sharing site -- attachments frequently are stripped by the mailing
> >list software.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Shawn
>
> --
> Sorry for being brief. Alternate email is rickleir at yahoo dot com

otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to
any other person. If you have received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment
from your system. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its
subsidiaries do not accept liability for any omissions or errors in this
message which may arise as a result of E-Mail-transmission or for damages
resulting from any unauthorized changes of the content of this message and
any attachment thereto. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its
subsidiaries do not guarantee that this message is free of viruses and does
not accept liability for any damages caused by any virus transmitted
therewith.

Click http://www.emdgroup.com/disclaimer to access the German, French,
Spanish and Portuguese versions of this disclaimer.

Re: [WARNING: DropBox links may be malicious.] Re: Admin Console Question

Cassandra Targett
So, from looking at those errors + a bit of Googling, it's complaining that
there are duplicate values in the Args list:

- Repeater: arg in commandLineArgs, Duplicate key:
string:-XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation,
Duplicate
value: -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation
- Repeater: arg in commandLineArgs, Duplicate key: string:-Xss256k,
Duplicate value: -Xss256k

This tells us a bit about what is happening (the UI finds duplicates in the
arguments), but not why you are the only one who sees this.

From what I understand, all the UI does is make a call to
http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/info/system and parse the JSON response in
various ways. The Args section comes from the "jvm.jmx.commandLineArgs"
section of that. Somewhere maybe that data is being requested twice and
making a duplicate set of data for the UI to parse?

What do you see when you make a direct call to those stats (
http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/info/system) in your browser? Are they
duplicated? Any errors in the logs?

Unfortunately, these are only clues - maybe they will help someone take
this a step further. If you can, you may also try another browser to see if
it occurs there also.

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 9:40 AM, Webster Homer <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> any other person. If you have received this transmission in error, please
> notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment
> from your system. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its
> subsidiaries do not accept liability for any omissions or errors in this
> message which may arise as a result of E-Mail-transmission or for damages
> resulting from any unauthorized changes of the content of this message and
> any attachment thereto. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its
> subsidiaries do not guarantee that this message is free of viruses and does
> not accept liability for any damages caused by any virus transmitted
> therewith.
>
> Click http://www.emdgroup.com/disclaimer to access the German, French,
> Spanish and Portuguese versions of this disclaimer.

Re: [WARNING: DropBox links may be malicious.] Re: [WARNING: DropBox links may be malicious.] Re: Admin Console Question

WebsterHomer
I see the same issue with Firefox so it's not strictly browser dependent. I
also have one installation that doesn't have the problem.

The JSON in the endpoint clearly has some duplicates
    "jmx":{

"bootclasspath":"/usr/java/jdk1.8.0_51/jre/lib/resources.jar:/usr/java/jdk1.8.0_51/jre/lib/rt.jar:/usr/java/jdk1.8.0_51/jre/lib/sunrsasign.jar:/usr/java/jdk1.8.0_51/jre/lib/jsse.jar:/usr/java/jdk1.8.0_51/jre/lib/jce.jar:/usr/java/jdk1.8.0_51/jre/lib/charsets.jar:/usr/java/jdk1.8.0_51/jre/lib/jfr.jar:/usr/java/jdk1.8.0_51/jre/classes",

"classpath":"/usr/local/solr/solr-7.1.0/server/lib/gmetric4j-1.0.7.jar:/usr/local/solr/solr-7.1.0/server/lib/javax.servlet-api-3.1.0.jar:/usr/local/solr/solr-7.1.0/server/lib/jetty-continuation-9.3.20.v20170531.jar:/usr/local/solr/solr-7.1.0/server/lib/jetty-deploy-9.3.20.v20170531.jar:/usr/local/solr/solr-7.1.0/server/lib/jetty-http-9.3.20.v20170531.jar:/usr/local/solr/solr-7.1.0/server/lib/jetty-io-9.3.20.v20170531.jar:/usr/local/solr/solr-7.1.0/server/lib/jetty-jmx-9.3.20.v20170531.jar:/usr/local/solr/solr-7.1.0/server/lib/jetty-rewrite-9.3.20.v20170531.jar:/usr/local/solr/solr-7.1.0/server/lib/jetty-security-9.3.20.v20170531.jar:/usr/local/solr/solr-7.1.0/server/lib/jetty-server-9.3.20.v20170531.jar:/usr/local/solr/solr-7.1.0/server/lib/jetty-servlet-9.3.20.v20170531.jar:/usr/local/solr/solr-7.1.0/server/lib/jetty-servlets-9.3.20.v20170531.jar:/usr/local/solr/solr-7.1.0/server/lib/jetty-util-9.3.20.v20170531.jar:/usr/local/solr/solr-7.1.0/server/lib/jetty-webapp-9.3.20.v20170531.jar:/usr/local/solr/solr-7.1.0/server/lib/jetty-xml-9.3.20.v20170531.jar:/usr/local/solr/solr-7.1.0/server/lib/metrics-core-3.2.2.jar:/usr/local/solr/solr-7.1.0/server/lib/metrics-ganglia-3.2.2.jar:/usr/local/solr/solr-7.1.0/server/lib/metrics-graphite-3.2.2.jar:/usr/local/solr/solr-7.1.0/server/lib/metrics-jetty9-3.2.2.jar:/usr/local/solr/solr-7.1.0/server/lib/metrics-jvm-3.2.2.jar:/usr/local/solr/solr-7.1.0/server/lib/ext/jcl-over-slf4j-1.7.7.jar:/usr/local/solr/solr-7.1.0/server/lib/ext/jul-to-slf4j-1.7.7.jar:/usr/local/solr/solr-7.1.0/server/lib/ext/log4j-1.2.17.jar:/usr/local/solr/solr-7.1.0/server/lib/ext/slf4j-api-1.7.7.jar:/usr/local/solr/solr-7.1.0/server/lib/ext/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.7.jar:/usr/local/solr/solr-7.1.0/server/resources",
      "commandLineArgs":["-Xms512m",
        "-Xmx512m",
        "-XX:NewRatio=3",
        "-XX:SurvivorRatio=4",
        "-XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90",
        "-XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8",
        "-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC",
        "-XX:+UseParNewGC",
        "-XX:ConcGCThreads=4",
        "-XX:ParallelGCThreads=4",
        "-XX:+CMSScavengeBeforeRemark",
        "-XX:PretenureSizeThreshold=64m",
        "-XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly",
        "-XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=50",
        "-XX:CMSMaxAbortablePrecleanTime=6000",
        "-XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled",
        "-XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled",
        "-verbose:gc",
        "-XX:+PrintHeapAtGC",
        "-XX:+PrintGCDetails",
        "-XX:+PrintGCDateStamps",
        "-XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps",
        "-XX:+PrintTenuringDistribution",
        "-XX:+PrintGCApplicationStoppedTime",
        "-Xloggc:/var/solr1/logs/solr_gc.log",
        "-XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation",
        "-XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=9",
        "-XX:GCLogFileSize=20M",
        "-DzkClientTimeout=15000",
        "-DzkHost=localhost:2181/solr",
        "-Dsolr.log.dir=/var/solr1/logs",
        "-Djetty.port=8983",
        "-DSTOP.PORT=7983",
        "-DSTOP.KEY=solrrocks",
        "-Duser.timezone=UTC",
        "-Djetty.home=/usr/local/solr/solr1/server",
        "-Dsolr.solr.home=/var/solr1/data",
        "-Dsolr.data.home=",
        "-Dsolr.install.dir=/usr/local/solr/solr1",

"-Dsolr.default.confdir=/usr/local/solr/solr1/server/solr/configsets/_default/conf",
        "-Dlog4j.configuration=file:/var/solr1/log4j.properties",
        "-Xss256k",
        "-Xss256k",
        "-Dsolr.jetty.https.port=8983",
        "-Dsolr.log.muteconsole",
        "-XX:OnOutOfMemoryError=/usr/local/solr/solr1/bin/oom_solr.sh 8983
/var/solr1/logs"],
      "startTime":"2017-11-14T22:27:58.591Z",
      "upTimeMS":69369776}},

On 11/15/2017 8:40 AM, Webster Homer wrote:
> I do see errors in both Consoles. I see more errors on the ones that don't
> display Args
> Here are the errors that only show up when Args doesn't:
> Error: [ngRepeat:dupes] Duplicates in a repeater are not allowed. Use
> 'track by' expression to specify unique keys. Repeater: arg in
> commandLineArgs, Duplicate key: string:-XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation, Duplicate
> value: -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation
<snip>
> angular.js:11617 Error: [ngRepeat:dupes] Duplicates in a repeater are not
> allowed. Use 'track by' expression to specify unique keys. Repeater: arg in
> commandLineArgs, Duplicate key: string:-Xss256k, Duplicate value: -Xss256k

This was the clue I needed.

I added this line to the end of solr.in.cmd (I'm doing this testing on
Windows):

set SOLR_OPTS=%SOLR_OPTS% -Xss256k

With that change and a Solr restart, the Args information disappeared
from the admin UI.

Somewhere, likely in your include script, you have defined custom
arguments that have duplicated the -Xss256k and
-XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation arguments that are included by default.  There
may be other duplicates, but those are the ones that were included in
the error information you shared.  If you adjust the startup
configuration so that there are no duplicate commandline arguments, then
restart Solr, it should display.

This does mean that Solr has a bug in the admin UI, but it's one that
you can work around by removing duplicate arguments.  The angular code
used for the argument display cannot handle duplicate entries.  Here's
the issue I created for the problem:

There's a patch attached to the issue that fixes the problem for me, and
some instructions for fixing up a binary download with that change
rather than a source checkout.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: Admin Console Question

WebsterHomer
In the solr.in.sh script I do see this:
# Set the thread stack size
SOLR_OPTS="$SOLR_OPTS -Xss256k"

I don't remember ever changing this, but it's only there once

I can't find a reference to +UseGCLogFileRotation at all.

I don't see anyplace where we set either of these twice.

We were migrating from solr 6.2.0 if that makes any difference