Apache zookeeper jar upgrade for SOLR

padmanabhan1616
Hi Team,

We are using Apache SOLR-5.2.1 and Zookeeper-3.4.5

is it good idea to upgrade zookeeper-3.4.5.jar to zookeeper-3.4.10.jar for
SOLR-5.2.1 version

is there any impact to upgrade specific libraries for Apache SOLR instead of
full upgrade?

Thanks,
Padmanabhan

Re: Apache zookeeper jar upgrade for SOLR

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
Hi

First of all, you are running a super old version of Solr, with its own set of known security vulnerabilities[1].
We highly recommend a full upgrade to latest 7.x version.

In some cases, however, an urgent need may call for temporarily patching single jar's. Whether that is possible
or not is something you have to assess yourself through reading the changelogs for the library in question,
paying special attention to deprecations and back-compat breaks. If your research concludes that it should be
possible you simply have to try yourself, and thoroughly test the features you depend upon in a test environment.

Wrt the zookeeper ant httpclient jars you ask about, the version number difference indicate that an in-place
upgrade *may* be possible, but you really have to double check yourself :)

[1] http://lucene.apache.org/solr/news.html <http://lucene.apache.org/solr/news.html>

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 17. sep. 2018 kl. 08:46 skrev padmanabhan1616 <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi Team,
>
> We are using Apache SOLR-5.2.1 and Zookeeper-3.4.5
>
> is it good idea to upgrade zookeeper-3.4.5.jar to zookeeper-3.4.10.jar for
> SOLR-5.2.1 version
>
> is there any impact to upgrade specific libraries for Apache SOLR instead of
> full upgrade?
>
> Thanks,
> Padmanabhan

Re: Apache zookeeper jar upgrade for SOLR

padmanabhan1616
Hi Jan,

Thank you so much for your answers.

Yes . I agree we are running very old version of SOLR. We decided to upgrade
SOLR to 7.x version.