ArrayList or HashMap

blazingwolf7
Hi,

I am working on extracting information from around 2 to 3 million document and place it into the memory to retrieve it for filtering search results. The application will have to extract the information and store it for every search. I am wondering what will be the best way to store this information.

ArrayList or hashmap? Which is the fastest among these two? I will have to directly access information in a particular position by using some identifier which both of this is capable of doing. So I just need to know which one will be faster. And what is the maximum size of the arraylist and hashmap? How about Vector?

thanks