Auto index update

netaji.k
Hello,

Can anybody suggest me of what is the best method to implement auto index
update on SOLR from mysql database.

thanks and regards
aditya

Re: Auto index update

Chris Hostetter-3

The simplest approach is to poll your DB for changes in a cron, and
anytime you find some, format them send them to solr.

the specific details of the "best" way to keep and index up to date depend
largely on the nature of your data.

: Can anybody suggest me of what is the best method to implement auto index
: update on SOLR from mysql database.

Re: Auto index update

kkrugler
>Can anybody suggest me of what is the best method to implement auto index
>update on SOLR from mysql database.

As Hoss noted, there are a lot of different approaches.

You could search this email list archive for the discussion re using
Solr with Compass (subject "Does Solr support integration with the
Compass framework?").

Also Jira issue SOLR-20 talks about the steps Ryan is talking towards
providing a Compass-like mechanism for keeping a Solr index in sync
with a DB, via a HibernateEventListener.

-- Ken
--
Ken Krugler
Krugle, Inc.