Beagle and Nutch

Andrew Libby

Has anyone attempted to accomplish the same things with Nutch
that are being accomplished by the Beagle project
(http://beaglewiki.org/Main_Page)?

I'm very interested in working with something like Beagle, however
I'm using Nutch for other things I'm doing, and am looking for any
excuse to
get deeper into it for learning purposes.

Thanks.

Andy

--
Andrew Libby
[hidden email]

Re: Beagle and Nutch

sudhendra seshachala
For Searches, it still uses Lucene (Dot Lucene) How could it be much different except Beagle is using C# rather than java as in nutch.
  I would be vry interested, how it would perform though..
  How easy to set it all up..

  Thanks
  Sudhi

Andrew Libby <[hidden email]> wrote:

Has anyone attempted to accomplish the same things with Nutch
that are being accomplished by the Beagle project
(http://beaglewiki.org/Main_Page)?

I'm very interested in working with something like Beagle, however
I'm using Nutch for other things I'm doing, and am looking for any
excuse to
get deeper into it for learning purposes.

Thanks.

Andy

--
Andrew Libby
[hidden email]
http://philadelphiariders.com/

  Sudhi Seshachala
  http://sudhilogs.blogspot.com/

Re: [Nutch-general] Beagle and Nutch

Otis Gospodnetic-2-2
I think Beagle and Nutch are different in how they go about gathering the content to index.  Beagle uses OS/FS notification mechanism that tells it "hey, this file just got created/deleted/modified, you may want to do something about it".  Nutch doesn't do that, and has to be explicitly told to (re-)crawl the FS.  I think. :)

Otis