Block Join Update

Lucky Sharma
Hi,
I have a query regarding block join update,
As far as I know, we cannot update the single doc of a block, we have
to delete the complete block and reindex it again.
Please clarify, If there is something wrong in my understanding.
So for the update in either parent or child, is it recommended to
write our own UpdateProcessor to handle block updates. if we don't
want to send the complete block in the request.

If yes what happens during a race condition.

--
Warm Regards,

Lucky Sharma
Contact No :+91 9821559918

Re: Block Join Update

Mikhail Khludnev-2
Hi,
This might be improved in 8.0
see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5211

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Re: Block Join Update

Lucky Sharma
Hi,
Thanks, Mikhail.
But what about the suggestions for v6.6+?

Regards,
Lucky Sharma

--
Warm Regards,

Lucky Sharma
Contact No :+91 9821559918

Re: Block Join Update

Mikhail Khludnev-2
So far, wipe whole block insert one as whole.

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Re: Block Join Update

Lucky Sharma
Sure Mikhail,
One question on this,  If we wish to do this by creating a custom
update processor for handling this, do we also need to check for race
conditions?

--
Warm Regards,

Lucky Sharma
Contact No :+91 9821559918

Re: Block Join Update

Mikhail Khludnev-2
Absolutely, but it's deadly hard when like two threads nuke the same block
altogether and then insert the new ones concurrently, it's gonna be
deadend.  You'd rather handle it upstream on ETL level.

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev