Boosting certain documents dynamically at query-time

Boosting certain documents dynamically at query-time

Michael Lugassy
Hi guys --

Using solr 1.4 functions at query-time, can I dynamically boost
certain documents which are: a) not on the same range, i.e. have very
different document ids, b) have different boost values, c) part of a
long list (can be around 1,000 different document ids with 50
different boost values)?

Overall I'm trying to influence ranking scores on a user-by-user
basis, each user carries a list of historical documents that he
already voted on.

Thanks!

-- Michael

-- Michael

Re: Boosting certain documents dynamically at query-time

Shalin Shekhar Mangar
On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 11:25 PM, Michael Lugassy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys --
>
> Using solr 1.4 functions at query-time, can I dynamically boost
> certain documents which are: a) not on the same range, i.e. have very
> different document ids,

Yes.

> b) have different boost values,

Yes.

> c) part of a
> long list (can be around 1,000 different document ids with 50
> different boost values)?

That will be one big query. You may run into "maxBooleanClauses" limit. I
believe the default is 1024 clauses. Although the limit can be increased in
solrconfig.xml, your queries may become too slow if you add so many clauses.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.