Quantcast

Boosting terms

Pawel Rog
Is there any possibility to boost terms during indexing? Searching
that using google I found information that there is no such feature in
Solr (we can only boost fields). Is it true? Are there any plans to
implement that feature? If so, please just give some Jira issue.

Re: Boosting terms

iorixxx

> Is there any possibility to boost
> terms during indexing? Searching
> that using google I found information that there is no such
> feature in
> Solr (we can only boost fields). Is it true?

Yes, only field and document boosting exist.

You might find this article interesting.

http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2009/08/05/getting-started-with-payloads/

Re: Boosting terms

Pawel Rog
Thanks a lot, I'll read it :) It seems to be helpfull