Bucketing result set (User list posting)...

Bucketing result set (User list posting)...

escher2k
I have a requirement wherein the documents that are retrieved based on the similarity computation
are bucketed and resorted based on user score.
An example -

Let us say a search returns the following data set -

Doc ID   Lucene score User score
1000        1000              125
1000          900              225
1000          800              25
1000          700              525
1000            50              25
1000            40              125

Assuming two bucket are created, the expected result is -
Doc ID   Lucene score User score
1000          900              225
1000        1000              125
1000          800              25
1000          700              525
1000            40              125
1000            50              25

I am assuming that the only way to do this is to change some of the Solr internals.  Any pointers would
be most helpful on the best way to go about it. I will also post this on the Dev list.

Thanks.

Re: Bucketing result set (User list posting)...

Mike Klaas
> Re: Bucketing result set (User list posting)...

Please don't post solr-user questions on solr-dev.  Crossposting is
bad; multi-posting is even worse.  Most if not all of solr dev's read
solr-user and will respond to you there.

On 1/17/07, escher2k <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a requirement wherein the documents that are retrieved based on the
> similarity computation
> are bucketed and resorted based on user score.
> An example -
>
> Let us say a search returns the following data set -
>
> Doc ID   Lucene score User score
> 1000        1000              125
> 1000          900              225
> 1000          800              25
> 1000          700              525
> 1000            50              25
> 1000            40              125
>
> Assuming two bucket are created, the expected result is -
> Doc ID   Lucene score User score
> 1000          900              225
> 1000        1000              125
> 1000          800              25
> 1000          700              525
> 1000            40              125
> 1000            50              25
>
> I am assuming that the only way to do this is to change some of the Solr
> internals.  Any pointers would
> be most helpful on the best way to go about it. I will also post this on the

How is the bucketing done?  How are the user scores stored?  It looks
like you are picking constant-sized groups from the solr-sorted result
list.  In this case, surely this can be done trivially client-side? I
could be totally misinterpreting your question, however.

cheers,
-MIke