ComplexPhraseQParser vs phrase slop

David Santamauro
Hi, quick question. Should

  1) {!complexphrase inOrder=false}f: ( "cat jump"~2 )

... and

  2) f: ( "cat jump"~2 )

... yield the same results? I'm trying to diagnose a more complicated discrepancy that I've boiled down to this simple case. I understand #1 creates a SpanQuery and #2 a PhraseQuery but I would have thought without wildcards and with the attribute inOrder=false that both would/should yield the exact same results. If they should ( and they aren't for me ) what could the problem be? If the shouldn't, could someone explain why?

Thanks

Re: ComplexPhraseQParser vs phrase slop

Yogendra Kumar Soni
{!complexphrase inOrder=false}f: ( "cat jump"~2 )  this query will give
more result as it also consider "jump cat"~2  because inOrder=false,
inOrder=true may give you same result as  f: ( "cat jump"~2)

or try f: ( "cat jump"~2  OR "jump cat"~2)  to get same results as
{!complexphrase inOrder=false}f: ( "cat jump"~2 )

--
*Thanks and Regards,*
*Yogendra Kumar Soni*