Configuring Nutch

Lakshman, Madhusudhan
Hi Group,

We have a requirement where we should display the search result along
with the snippet (2-3 lines) of the content, something similar to
Google, where this snippet is displayed after the title line as shown
below:

Welcome to Nutch!

This is the first Nutch release as an Apache Lucene sub-project. ...
Nutch is a two-year-old open source project, previously hosted at
Sourceforge and ...

I need help to configure nutch so that it builds the index which
includes this snippet.

Thanks,

Madhu

Re: Configuring Nutch

Andrzej Białecki-2
Lakshman, Madhusudhan wrote:

> Hi Group,
>

> We have a requirement where we should display the search result along
> with the snippet (2-3 lines) of the content, something similar to
> Google, where this snippet is displayed after the title line as shown
> below:
>

> Welcome to Nutch!
>
> This is the first Nutch release as an Apache Lucene sub-project. ...
> Nutch is a two-year-old open source project, previously hosted at
> Sourceforge and ...
>

> I need help to configure nutch so that it builds the index which
> includes this snippet.

You can modify the summarizer to always return the first 2 lines of
text, in addition (or instead) of the matching snippets.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><