Couple of ruby/solrb questions..

AE-4
Hi:

Two questions ..

I am wondering about the following in the file solrb/lib/solr/connection.rb we are doing http post
{ "Content-Type" => "application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=utf-8" })
however the file under example/exampledocs/post.sh is using
Content-type:text/xml; charset=utf-8
I would like to know why? to my understanding application/x-www is under FORM submission.. no?

In the file solrb/lib/solr/request/select.rb we are using ERB::Util  in line ..

if value.respond_to? :each
        value.each { |v| http_params << "#{key}=#ERB::Util::url_encode(v)}" unless v.nil?}
      else
        http_params << "#{key}=#{ERB::Util::url_encode(value)}" unless value.nil?

Shouldn't the above needs to html_escape ?? no ?? Could you please explain.

I appreciate the clarification..

Regards

---------------------------------

Stava rätt! Stava lätt! Yahoo! Mails stavkontroll tar hand om tryckfelen och mycket mer! Få den på http://se.mail.yahoo.com

Re: Couple of ruby/solrb questions..

edsu
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Couple of ruby/solrb questions..

Chris Hostetter-3

: This feels like a bug, is it ticketed? Solr::Request::Select requests
: are POSTing URL encoded name/value pairs so the Content-type is
: appropriate...But Solr::Request::AddDocument (and others) are posting
: xml so the Content-type should be text/xml. There needs to be logic
: for differentiating between the two.

At the moment, when POSTing xml docs to /update the SolrUpdateServlet
ignores the content-type -- but it would definitely be wise to fix this in
solrb since the recently commited alternate way of doing updates
(which allows for plugable UpdateRequestHandlers so we can start
supporting alternate formats for updates) requires that the content-type
be set appropriately: application/x-www-form-urlencoded for simple key=val
pairs, multipart/* for file upload style updates, and anything else for
"raw posting" of data.

-Hoss