Create Indexes

Dinesh Gupta

Hi All,

Please give me some links so that I can start from basics.

I have a large database of product.

1) Product can be associated with multiple category
2) a category can be associated with multiple catalogs.
3) category & catalog association goes on a table called category-catalog relation
4) Products are associated with category-catalog.

We are using Lucene a long time.
But database is now grow up.

Now it takes approximate 6-10 hours. We create index everyday.

I have some question:

Is it OK to create whole index by Solr web-app?
If not than ,How can I create index?

I have attached some file that create index now.

Get the latest buzz on outsourcing. Up to date information on mergers, acquisitions and deals on BPO Watch. Try it now!

Voice your opinion on the burning issues of the day. Discuss, debate with the world. Logon to message boards on MSN. Try it!

Re: Create Indexes

Noble Paul നോബിള്‍  नोब्ळ्
On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 1:02 PM, Dinesh Gupta
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Please give me some links so that I can start from basics.
>
> I have a large database of product.
>
> 1) Product can be associated with multiple category
> 2) a category can be associated with multiple catalogs.
> 3) category & catalog association goes on a table called category-catalog
> relation
> 4) Products are associated with category-catalog.
>
> We are using Lucene a long time.
> But database is now grow up.
>
> Now it takes approximate 6-10 hours. We create index everyday.
>
> I have some question:
>
> Is it OK to create whole index by Solr web-app?
It is OK . That is how everyone does it. We do not create a Lucene
index and load it to solr
> If not than ,How can I create index?
>
> I have attached some file that create index now.
File is missing

--
--Noble Paul