Creating document schema at runtime

Shalin Shekhar Mangar
Hi,

I'm looking on some tips on how to create a new document schema and
add it to solr core at runtime. The use case that I'm trying to solve
is:

1. Using a custom configuration tool, user creates a solr schema
2. The schema is added (uploaded) to a solr instance (on a remote machine).
3. Documents corresponding to the newly added schema are added to solr.

I understand that with SOLR-215, I can create a new core by specifying
the config and schema but still, there is no way for me to do this
from a remote machine using HTTP calls. If this capability does not
exist, I would be happy to open an issue in JIRA and contribute
patches.

Looking for your inputs.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Creating document schema at runtime

Ryan McKinley
Shalin Shekhar Mangar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking on some tips on how to create a new document schema and
> add it to solr core at runtime. The use case that I'm trying to solve
> is:
>
> 1. Using a custom configuration tool, user creates a solr schema
> 2. The schema is added (uploaded) to a solr instance (on a remote machine).
> 3. Documents corresponding to the newly added schema are added to solr.
>
> I understand that with SOLR-215, I can create a new core by specifying
> the config and schema but still, there is no way for me to do this
> from a remote machine using HTTP calls.

Check SOLR-350 and: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MultiCore

the 'LOAD' method isn't implemented yet, but that sounds like what you want.

> If this capability does not
> exist, I would be happy to open an issue in JIRA and contribute
> patches.

patches are always welcome!

ryan