DB to Lucene parsers

Serhiy Polyakov
Hi,

I need to index a database with Lucene. Can you suggest where to start
looking for the DB to Lucene parsers? I will need to parse data from
MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle and several other databases. Structure of data
is pretty simple - almost flat tables. I know I can do DB -> XML ->
Lucene but may be there are other solutions?

Thanks,
Serhiy

Re: DB to Lucene parsers

chrislusf
You can use DBSight's free version. It'll flatten complicated database
structures into Lucene index. Any JDBC-supported database are
supported.

--
Chris Lu
-------------------------

On 10/13/06, Serhiy Polyakov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to index a database with Lucene. Can you suggest where to start
> looking for the DB to Lucene parsers? I will need to parse data from
> MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle and several other databases. Structure of data
> is pretty simple - almost flat tables. I know I can do DB -> XML ->
> Lucene but may be there are other solutions?
>
> Thanks,
> Serhiy

Re: DB to Lucene parsers

Mark Miller-3
On 10/13/06, Serhiy Polyakov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I know I can do DB -> XML ->
> Lucene but may be there are other solutions?

There is no need to go from DB -> XML -> Lucene. While you can write an XML
Document handler for Lucene (as is done in LIA), it would be just as easy to
write a simple DB handler...just extract your field name, value pairs from
the DB and add them as fields to a lucene Document. You can write a general
implementation or something more specific depending on your needs.

- Mark