DataImportHandler and MultiCore

Jon Baer
Hi,

Sorry I could have sworn I read a snippet about this somewhere and
having trouble tracking it back down.  Im interested in (possible)
using DataImportHandler to run MultiCore (n+ indexes) ... what Id like
to do is have 2 indexes (/news and /video) and run them in a single
instance and load them w/ deltas from a few different tables.

Any links, much appreciated?

Thanks!

- Jon

Re: DataImportHandler and MultiCore

Shalin Shekhar Mangar
Hi Jon,

For general information related to using multiple cores, see
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MultiCore

Apart from that, configuration of DataImportHandler does not change in
any way when using it with multiple cores. The only thing that changes
is the URL which has the core name now e.g.
http://localhost:8983/solr/news/dataimport and
http://localhost:8983/solr/video/dataimport in your case.

It would nice if you can share any feedback/suggestions you have on
DataImportHandler

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: DataImportHandler and MultiCore

Shalin Shekhar Mangar
Hey Jon,

I have just added an example to the DataImportHandler wiki page which uses a
multicore solr home along with different import configurations for each
core. It may prove useful for you to help plan your own implementation.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: DataImportHandler and MultiCore

Jon Baer
Thank you Shalin ...

*Extremely* helpful ... very much appreciated.

- Jon