Difference between BasicResultContext and ResultContext in Response

Difference between BasicResultContext and ResultContext in Response

lee carroll
Hi all,

I'm writing a custom response writer to output a very simple rendition of a
solr result set to clients.

In my tests I do:

h.getCore().execute(h.getCore().getRequestHandler(null),req,rsp);

which for a q=*:* request object returns a response with a  BasicResultContext.

In TextResponseWriter when processing this object a comment notes, "should not

normally happen" and creates a ResultContext from the
BasicResultContext and carries

on processing.   If I handle ResultContext and BasicResultContext in
my custom writer

will that be enough? Or do I need to worry about other document wrappers.

Lee C

Re: Difference between BasicResultContext and ResultContext in Response

lee carroll
#Ignore, mis-read the comment and its context.