Quantcast

Distributed Solr: different number of results each time

Distributed Solr: different number of results each time

ffriend
Hi all,

I'm using faceted search in SolrCloud to get some statistics on my corpus. I'm using query very similar to:

http://master-node:8983/solr/select?q=field1:value1&distrib=true&facet=true&facet.field=field1&facet.limit=50000&rows=0&fq=field2:value2&fq=field3:value3&fq=somemore:filters

However, in production with high number of documents, shared between ~5 machines, master node returns different number of results very frequently.

I expected it is because of small timeout for shards, so I added following params to the search request handler in solr/conf/solrconfig.xml:

    <int name="shard-socket-timeout">10000</int>
    <int name="shard-connection-timeout">10000</int>

but it hadn't helped.

Any ideas of what may be the reason for such a behavior?

Re: Distributed Solr: different number of results each time

ffriend
It seems like the error was caused by wrong list of shard URLs, kept in ZooKeeper. One possible workaround is to specify list of shards manually with

    shards=slave-node1,slave-node2,slave-node3,...

(see SolrCluster documentation for details)