Documentation options Nutch 2.0

Alex McLintock
Hi Folks,

I've been wondering about what techniques we can use to provide high
quality documentation for Nutch 2.0

In any case I think we should still use a Wiki - even if it is just a
tool for collecting information for subsequent inclusion in the
official  documentation.

I was wondering why Apache doesn't have a standard for this problem.
The nearest I can think of is Cocoon - which is an application
framework for using XSL:FO to generate PDF from XML. But I don't think
it is what we want.

The two other standards which come to mind are DocBook and DITA. DITA
was recommended to me by a friendly documentation professional.

They are both:

a) xml based - so easy to store versions in svn.
b) open standards
c) fairly common in industry

My concerns right now are that
a) Open Source tools don't seem to be all that common for DITA
b) What do we have experience in?
c) Neither system seems to be combined with a Content Management
System (CMS) as far as I know. (I am looking for Drupal+DITA now)

I'm happy to be enlightened about any of this :-)

Some URLS:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-dita3/
http://times.usefulinc.com/2006/01/23-dita
http://www.oreillynet.com/xml/blog/2008/05/dita_docbook_and_the_art_of_th.html
http://xml.coverpages.org/dita.html

Re: Documentation options Nutch 2.0

Julien Nioche-4
Hi Alex,

Andrzej has opened a JIRA yesterday to discuss the various options for the documentation. Could you please paste your comments there as well?

Thanks

Julien

--
DigitalPebble Ltd

Open Source Solutions for Text Engineering
http://www.digitalpebble.com