Does inverted index is well known standard ?

Does inverted index is well known standard ?

Amna Waqar
Ho all,
i want to know that does the method of indexing used for nutch is a well
accepted standard like RFC standard..????
Thanks in advance
Amna Waqar

Re: Does inverted index is well known standard ?

Alex McLintock
What indexing standard would you like Nutch to comply with, and we will tell
you whether it does or not.

I don't know of any such standards myself.

On 12 February 2011 10:04, Amna Waqar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ho all,
> i want to know that does the method of indexing used for nutch is a well
> accepted standard like RFC standard..????
> Thanks in advance
> Amna Waqar

Re: Does inverted index is well known standard ?

Amna Waqar
i dont know about indexing standards in detail but one is
ISO 999:1996
Does nutch comply with it???

On 12 February 2011 10:46, Amna Waqar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> i dont know about indexing standards in detail but one is
> ISO 999:1996
> Does nutch comply with it???

Amna,

I'm not sure how ISO 999:196 is relevant to nutch. It seems like that is
more relevant to publishing indexes in books rather than indexing of data
crawled from the web.

Nutch by itself doesn't do any natural language processing which I think
would be necessary for ISO 999:196

Sorry if my answer is vague but it seems like I need to spend 136 swiss
francs to download a copy of that standard. I doubt anyone in Nutch
development team has.

I wonder if you are confused about what Nutch does?

Alex

Re: Does inverted index is well known standard ?

Amna Waqar
Thanks Alex,
No i m not confused but just wanted to know whether it follows some index or
not..