Does semi-colon still works as special character for sorting?

Does semi-colon still works as special character for sorting?

Gargate, Siddharth
I read somewhere that it is deprecated

Re: Does semi-colon still works as special character for sorting?

Erik Hatcher

On Jul 13, 2009, at 4:58 AM, Gargate, Siddharth wrote:

> I read somewhere that it is deprecated

see the 2nd paragraph in CHANGES.txt: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/solr/trunk/CHANGES.txt

        Erik

Re: Does semi-colon still works as special character for sorting?

Koji Sekiguchi
Gargate, Siddharth wrote:
> I read somewhere that it is deprecated

Yeah, as long as you explicitly use 'lucenePlusSort' parser via defType
parameter:

q=*:*;id desc&defType=lucenePlusSort

Koji