ERROR: Error CREATEing SolrCore 'nutch': Unable to create core [nutch] Caused by: invalid boolean value:

ERROR: Error CREATEing SolrCore 'nutch': Unable to create core [nutch] Caused by: invalid boolean value:

vishal thummala
Hi,

I am getting the following error while creating a core in Solr 8.0.0

"ERROR: Error CREATEing SolrCore 'nutch': Unable to create core [nutch]
Caused by: invalid boolean value:"

Command I am using to create the core:
#/opt/solr/bin/solr create -c nutch -d /opt/solr/server/solr/nutch/conf/
-force

I am pretty new to solr and I am trying to integrate nutch 1.5 with Solr
8.0.0 and while create the core the following error is coming up.

I get the following output when running
#/opt/nutch/bin/nutch solrindex http://127.0.0.1:8983/solr/nutch/
/opt/nutch/crawl/crawldb /opt/nutch/crawl/linkdb /opt/nutch/crawl/segments/*

The input path at linkdb is not a segment... skipping
Segment dir is complete: /opt/nutch/crawl/segments/20190329112840.
Indexer: starting at 2019-04-01 16:34:31
Indexer: deleting gone documents: false
Indexer: URL filtering: false
Indexer: URL normalizing: false
No exchange was configured. The documents will be routed to all index
writers.
No IndexWriters activated - check your configuration

Indexer: number of documents indexed, deleted, or skipped:
Indexer: finished at 2019-04-01 16:34:33, elapsed: 00:00:01

I believe this is coming up because there are no cores created on solr.

Any help on this issue is highly appreciated.

RE: ERROR: Error CREATEing SolrCore 'nutch': Unable to create core [nutch] Caused by: invalid boolean value:

Sadiki Latty
Hey Vishal,

1. Does folder/configuration actually exist (ie: Did you copy the folder to /opt/solr/server/solr/nutch/conf/ )?
2. I noticed you wrote that you are using Nutch 1.5. Is that a typo for Nutch 1.15?
3. Have you tried rolling back to a 7.x version? (It is possible that the Nutch 1.15 config is not ready for 8)
4. In the Solr UI, the Logging area may give more details on what specifically is failing and causing this boolean error, have you checked there for some hints?

Regards,
Sid

Sadiki Latty
Web Developer/ Développeur Web
Technologies de l'information / Information Technology
Université d'Ottawa | University of Ottawa
1 Nicholas (801)
613-562-5800 ext. 7512

RE: ERROR: Error CREATEing SolrCore 'nutch': Unable to create core [nutch] Caused by: invalid boolean value:

vishal thummala
Hi Sid,

1. Does folder/configuration actually exist (ie: Did you copy the folder to
/opt/solr/server/solr/nutch/conf/ )?

Yes the configuration does exist

2. I noticed you wrote that you are using Nutch 1.5. Is that a typo for
Nutch 1.15?

It was a typo. I am using Nutch 1.15

3. Have you tried rolling back to a 7.x version? (It is possible that the
Nutch 1.15 config is not ready for 8)

No not tried yet. I somehow assumed it would work but I will try now.

4. In the Solr UI, the Logging area may give more details on what
specifically is failing and causing this boolean error, have you checked
there for some hints?

Checked in the Logging area. I even set the log level to debug but the same
errors keeps appearing without much information to it.

Thanks,
Vishal