Enable SSL for the existing SOLR Cloud Cluster

Enable SSL for the existing SOLR Cloud Cluster

Tech Support
Dear Solr Team,

In my SolrCloud cluster, I am using 3  Zookeper External ensemble and 2 Solr
Instance.

I already created Collection using the PORT 8983 and It has more data.

Now I want to enable SSL.

As per your help document, I had enabled SSL. But it's using 8984 PORT. When
I login with the ADMIN GUI, unable to view and search the existing data.

How to use access the existing data?

If I start by using the 8983 PORT as like below command, It's  just login
with the Admin GUI. But collections are in Down Status.

bin\solr.cmd -cloud -s cloud\node1  -p 8983

Please guide me, how to enable SSL for the existing SOLR Cloud Cluster.

Thanks,

Karthick Ramu

Re: Enable SSL for the existing SOLR Cloud Cluster

Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo
Hi,

Have you tried with the steps in this document?
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_5/enabling-ssl.html

This is from the guide in the latest Solr 7.5.0 version. Which version are
you using?

Regards,
Edwin

On Wed, 28 Nov 2018 at 22:41, Tech Support <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Solr Team,
>

> In my SolrCloud cluster, I am using 3  Zookeper External ensemble and 2
> Solr
> Instance.
>

> I already created Collection using the PORT 8983 and It has more data.
>

> Now I want to enable SSL.
>

> As per your help document, I had enabled SSL. But it's using 8984 PORT.
> When
> I login with the ADMIN GUI, unable to view and search the existing data.
>

> How to use access the existing data?
>

> If I start by using the 8983 PORT as like below command, It's  just login
> with the Admin GUI. But collections are in Down Status.
>
> bin\solr.cmd -cloud -s cloud\node1  -p 8983
>

> Please guide me, how to enable SSL for the existing SOLR Cloud Cluster.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Karthick Ramu

RE: Re: Enable SSL for the existing SOLR Cloud Cluster

Tech Support
Hi Solr Team,

When I try to Implement the SSL for the Multi-Node SOLR Cloud Cluster.

Below in my SOLR CLOUD Cluster Environment,

*         3 Zookeeper PC running on the  version 3.4.13 - On Windows OS

*         2 Solr Cloud Nodes running on the version 7.5.0  - on Windows OS.
Each Nodes running on individual PC.

In each SOLR I had generated the Self-Signed Certificate and used it for
each SOLR Instance.

I had already asked the same question
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/201811.mbox/%3C00
0801d48728%244c8e9000%24e5abb000%24%40sardonyx.in%3E>   and I already follow
the instructions, which is available in the SOLR Tutorial Link
<https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_5/enabling-ssl.html>

I had faced the following problems, Please check and give the solution for
me.

1.       After enable SSL, I can able to access the SOLR Admin GUI with
HTTPS protocol. But, at the time of creating new collection by using the
Admin GUI, It gives the error message

Connection to Solr Lost, Please check the Solr Instance.

After restart all the Solr instance, Shards are created under one SOLR Node
only (Which I used to generate the Collection).  Shard Available on the
other nodes are shown in the down status.

2.       When I create the Collection from the command line. It gives the
error message like the below. But for this scenario, no Shard are created in
all the nodes.

Failed to create collection  'mycollection' due to
:{SOLR-SERVER1-IP:8984_solr=org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrException: IO
Exception occurred when talking to server at : https://
SOLR-SERVER1-IP:8984/solr}

Please suggest me, in a right way.

Node: I need to implement SSL for already available Collection also. But,
but because of facing the above issue, I had used the fresh PC only (Without
existing Collections)

Thanks,

Karthick Ramu