Error on text field

Dave Beckstrom
Hi Everyone,

I'm using Nutch to crawl and index some content.  It failed on a SOLR field
defined as a text field when it was trying to insert the following value
for the field:

33011-54192-EWHServer1234-3BA9D1CA-05B6-42BA-9D88-BAD970CAEEC6

The field was defined in the schema.xml as:

<field name="metadata.myfieldname" type="text" stored="true"
indexed="true"/>

The error message said it was a RemoteSolrException from the server and
that it was an error adding the field.  I'm pretty certain the issue was
the value being inserted as it worked fine for 100's of pages and then
failed on the one page that had data formatted differently than on other
pages.

From what I was able to find searching, it doesn't look like the length of
the data would be any issue at all for a text field.  I am wondering if the
problem is the dashes (hyphens) in the data?

Any suggestions on how to fix this?  I can delete the collection and
redefine it with a field other than text, if that is the answer.

Thank you!

--
*Fig Leaf Software, Inc.*
https://www.figleaf.com/

Full-Service Solutions Integrator

Re: Error on text field

Shawn Heisey-2
On 3/26/2019 10:56 AM, Dave Beckstrom wrote:
> I'm using Nutch to crawl and index some content.  It failed on a SOLR field
> defined as a text field when it was trying to insert the following value
> for the field:

What precisely does "failed" mean?  Can you share the complete error?
It will likely be dozens of lines long -- Java stacktraces can be
lengthy.  Seeing the error in the server's solr.log file would be better
than seeing it from a client perspective.

Other useful information is also not present, like the version of Solr.

Thanks,
Shawn