Error when indexing EML files in Solr 7.1.0

Error when indexing EML files in Solr 7.1.0

Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo
Hi,

I am using Solr 7.1.0, and I am trying to index EML files using the
SimplePostTools.

However, I get the following error

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/james/mime4j/stream/MimeConfig$Builder

Is there any we class or dependencies which I need to add as compared to
Solr 6?

The indexing is ok for other files type like .doc, .ppt. I only face the
error when indexing .eml files.

Regards,
Edwin

Re: Error when indexing EML files in Solr 7.1.0

Erick Erickson
Where are you getting your mime4j file? MimeConfig is in
/extraction/lib/apache-mime4j-core-0.7.2.jar and you need to make sure
you're including that at a guess.

Best,
Erick

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 6:15 AM, Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Solr 7.1.0, and I am trying to index EML files using the
> SimplePostTools.
>
> However, I get the following error
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/james/mime4j/stream/MimeConfig$Builder
>

> Is there any we class or dependencies which I need to add as compared to
> Solr 6?
>
> The indexing is ok for other files type like .doc, .ppt. I only face the
> error when indexing .eml files.
>
> Regards,
> Edwin

Re: Error when indexing EML files in Solr 7.1.0

Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo
Hi Erick,

I have added the apache-mime4j-core-0.7.2.jar in the Java Build Path of the
Eclipse, but it is also not working.

Regards,
Edwin

On 13 November 2017 at 23:33, Erick Erickson <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Where are you getting your mime4j file? MimeConfig is in
> /extraction/lib/apache-mime4j-core-0.7.2.jar and you need to make sure
> you're including that at a guess.
>
> Best,
> Erick
>
> On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 6:15 AM, Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using Solr 7.1.0, and I am trying to index EML files using the
> > SimplePostTools.
> >
> > However, I get the following error
> >
> > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> > org/apache/james/mime4j/stream/MimeConfig$Builder
> >

> > Is there any we class or dependencies which I need to add as compared to
> > Solr 6?
> >
> > The indexing is ok for other files type like .doc, .ppt. I only face the
> > error when indexing .eml files.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Edwin

Re: Error when indexing EML files in Solr 7.1.0

Karthik Ramachandran
JIRA already exists, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-11622.

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 5:55 PM, Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Erick,
>
> I have added the apache-mime4j-core-0.7.2.jar in the Java Build Path of the
> Eclipse, but it is also not working.
>
> Regards,
> Edwin
>
> On 13 November 2017 at 23:33, Erick Erickson <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Where are you getting your mime4j file? MimeConfig is in
> > /extraction/lib/apache-mime4j-core-0.7.2.jar and you need to make sure
> > you're including that at a guess.
> >
> > Best,
> > Erick
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 6:15 AM, Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am using Solr 7.1.0, and I am trying to index EML files using the
> > > SimplePostTools.
> > >
> > > However, I get the following error
> > >
> > > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> > > org/apache/james/mime4j/stream/MimeConfig$Builder
> > >

> > > Is there any we class or dependencies which I need to add as compared
> > > Solr 6?
> > >
> > > The indexing is ok for other files type like .doc, .ppt. I only face
> the
> > > error when indexing .eml files.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Edwin

Re: Error when indexing EML files in Solr 7.1.0

Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo
Hi Karthik,

Thanks for the update.

I see from the JIRA that it is still unresolved, meaning we can't index EML
files to Solr 7.1.0 for the time being?

Also, when the patch is ready, are we able to apply the patch to the
current Solr 7.1.0? Or do we have to wait for the next release of Solr?

Regards.
Edwin

On 15 November 2017 at 23:35, Karthik Ramachandran <[hidden email]> wrote:

> JIRA already exists, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-11622.
>

> On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 5:55 PM, Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <[hidden email]
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Erick,
> >
> > I have added the apache-mime4j-core-0.7.2.jar in the Java Build Path of
> the
> > Eclipse, but it is also not working.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Edwin
> >
> > On 13 November 2017 at 23:33, Erick Erickson <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Where are you getting your mime4j file? MimeConfig is in
> > > /extraction/lib/apache-mime4j-core-0.7.2.jar and you need to make sure
> > > you're including that at a guess.
> > >
> > > Best,
> > > Erick

> > the

Re: Error when indexing EML files in Solr 7.1.0

Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo
Hi,

Any updates regarding the error?

Regards,