Error when loading configset

massimiliano.tarquini
Hi all,
i'm experiencing a problem when uploading a new configset on a Solr 7.5
instance running in cloud mode.

The problem seems to be related to the synonyms.txt file size: if >
1,5 M Solr returns an error:

  adding: synonyms.txt (deflated 76%)
{
  "responseHeader":{
    "status":500,
    "QTime":24325},
  "error":{
    "msg":"KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for
/configs/pvee/synonyms.txt",

Since my file size is about 6M how can i amend this problem?

Regards

Re: Error when loading configset

Edward Ribeiro
By the default, ZooKeeper's znode maximum size limit is 1MB. If you try to
send more than this then an error  occurs. You can increase this size limit
but it has to be done both on server (ZK) and client (Solr) side. See this
discussion for more details:

http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/How-to-store-files-larger-than-zNode-limit-td4379893.html

Regards,
Edward

Em ter, 4 de dez de 2018 20:39, <[hidden email] escreveu:

> Hi all,
> i'm experiencing a problem when uploading a new configset on a Solr 7.5
> instance running in cloud mode.
>
> The problem seems to be related to the synonyms.txt file size: if >
> 1,5 M Solr returns an error:
>
>   adding: synonyms.txt (deflated 76%)
> {
>   "responseHeader":{
>     "status":500,
>     "QTime":24325},
>   "error":{
>     "msg":"KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for
> /configs/pvee/synonyms.txt",
>

> Since my file size is about 6M how can i amend this problem?
>
> Regards

Re: Error when loading configset

Cassandra Targett
It’s also documented in the Solr Ref Guide:

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_5/setting-up-an-external-zookeeper-ensemble.html#increasing-the-file-size-limit <https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_5/setting-up-an-external-zookeeper-ensemble.html#increasing-the-file-size-limit>

Even if you aren’t on 7.5, the instructions will work for earlier versions since those params have been in ZK forever.

Cassandra