Exception at MultiSearcherThread.hits

Ganesh - yahoo
 Hello all,

I am using Lucene v2.4.1. I am getting following exception while doing search on 4 indexes using ParallelMultiSearcher.

 org.apache.lucene.search.MultiSearcherThread.hits(ParallelMultiSearcher.java:280)
 org.apache.lucene.search.ParallelMultiSearcher.search(ParallelMultiSearcher.java:136)
 org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java:86)

Regards
Ganesh

RE: Exception at MultiSearcherThread.hits

Uwe Schindler
Can you please post the whole Exception, it is missing the type and message.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
> I am using Lucene v2.4.1. I am getting following exception while doing
> search on 4 indexes using ParallelMultiSearcher.
>

> org.apache.lucene.search.MultiSearcherThread.hits(ParallelMultiSearcher.ja
> va:280)
>
> org.apache.lucene.search.ParallelMultiSearcher.search(ParallelMultiSearche
> r.java:136)
>  org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java:86)
>
> Regards
> Ganesh

Re: [Bulk] RE: Exception at MultiSearcherThread.hits

Ganesh - yahoo
The Exception message is null.

When i restart my application, It is working fine.

Regards
Ganesh

> Can you please post the whole Exception, it is missing the type and message.
>
> -----
> Uwe Schindler
> H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
> http://www.thetaphi.de

henok sahilu

hello there
i can search for "renew" but not for "renewal"
when i index i used this
code
  doc.add(new Field("contents", text,Field.Store.NO,
                    Field.Index.ANALYZED));
and my query was parsed
   QueryParser parser = null;
    File file=new File("StopWordList.txt");
    parser = new QueryParser("contents", new StandardAnalyzer(file));
Query query = parser.parse("renewal");
can any one tell me what wrong i maight doing.
thanks

When i restart my application, It is working fine.

Regards
Ganesh

> Can you please post the whole Exception, it is missing the type and message.
>
> -----
> Uwe Schindler
> H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
> http://www.thetaphi.de

Erick Erickson
Please don't hijack a thread, start a new topic. From Hossman:
http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#threadhijack
Thread Hijacking on Mailing Lists

When starting a new discussion on a mailing list, please do not reply to
an existing message, instead start a fresh email.  Even if you change the
subject line of your email, other mail headers still track which thread
you replied to and your question is "hidden" in that thread and gets less
attention.   It makes following discussions in the mailing list archives
particularly difficult.
See Also:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_hijacking

When you start the new thread, try to get answers to the following:
1> What's actually in your inedex? (get a copy of Luke)
2> what analyzer to you use for *indexing*?
3> I suspect you're stemming the indexing, but not the query. You
    need to use the same analyzer for both operations.

Best
Erick