Explicit OR in edismax query with mm=100%

Explicit OR in edismax query with mm=100%

Nguyen Manh Tien
Hi,

I run a query "Solr OR Lucene" with defType=edismax and mm=100%.
The search result show that query works similar to "Solr AND Lucene" (all
terms required)

Does edismax ignore mm parameter because i already use OR explicitly here?

Thanks,
Tien

Re: Explicit OR in edismax query with mm=100%

Yasufumi Mizoguchi
Hi,

It looks that edismax respects the mm parameter in your case.
You should set "mm=1", if you want to obtain the results of OR search.
"mm=100%" means that all terms in your query should match.

Regards,
Yasufumi

On 2017/04/20 10:40, Nguyen Manh Tien wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I run a query "Solr OR Lucene" with defType=edismax and mm=100%.
> The search result show that query works similar to "Solr AND Lucene" (all
> terms required)
>
> Does edismax ignore mm parameter because i already use OR explicitly here?
>
> Thanks,
> Tien

Re: Explicit OR in edismax query with mm=100%

Nguyen Manh Tien
Hi,

In our case, mm=100% is fixed. it works well for many other query.
I just need an option in edismax so that for query "Solr OR Lucene" with
explicit OR, mm will be ignore.

Thanks,
Tien