ExternalDocValuesFilterReader progress?

Ryan McKinley
In march, there was so effort at looking at cleaner ways to integrate external data:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-dev/201303.mbox/%3CC2E7CC37-52F2-4527-A919-A071D26F98AD@...%3E

Any updates on this?

Thanks
Ryan

Re: ExternalDocValuesFilterReader progress?

Alan Woodward-2
I made a start on this, but in the end the client decided to do something different so it never got finished.  I did get https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-4902 out of it, which would allow you to plug in custom FilterReaders to Solr via the IndexReaderFactory.  I'm still interested in working on it, just need a project that would use it, and some time...

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk

On 20 May 2013, at 16:29, Ryan McKinley wrote:

In march, there was so effort at looking at cleaner ways to integrate external data:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-dev/201303.mbox/%3CC2E7CC37-52F2-4527-A919-A071D26F98AD@...%3E

Any updates on this?

Thanks
Ryan

Re: ExternalDocValuesFilterReader progress?

Ryan McKinley
thanks

thats a great start...  ah solo much to do!