Facet.query

Yao

Facet.query

Yao
When mutiple facet queries are specified, are they booleaned as OR or
AND?
-Yao
Yao

RE: Facet.query

Yao
Never mind. I should have read the example
(http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SimpleFacetParameters#head-1da3ab3995bc4abc
dce8e0f04be7355ba19e9b2c) first.

________________________________

When mutiple facet queries are specified, are they booleaned as OR or
AND?
-Yao

Re: Facet.query

James liu-2
I think it only concern with QueryWord,  not about Facet。

regards
jl

Re: Facet.query

Erik Hatcher

On Apr 19, 2007, at 10:41 PM, Ge, Yao ((Y.)) wrote:
> When mutiple facet queries are specified, are they booleaned as OR or
> AND?

Neither, if you're referring to &facet.query=...

facet.query's are all appended to the response, like this (in Ruby
response format):

{
'responseHeader'=>{
   'status'=>0,
   'QTime'=>105,
   'params'=>{
        'wt'=>'ruby',
        'rows'=>'0',
        'facet.query'=>['ant',
         'lucene'],
        'facet'=>'on',
        'indent'=>'on',
        'q'=>'erik hatcher'}},
'response'=>{'numFound'=>3,'start'=>0,'docs'=>[]
},
'facet_counts'=>{
   'facet_queries'=>{
        'ant'=>1,
        'lucene'=>1},
   'facet_fields'=>{}}}

The query was this:  ?q=erik%
20hatcher&facet=on&facet.query=ant&facet.query=lucene&wt=ruby&indent=on&
rows=0
on our library metadata which, pleasantly, has copies of both the Ant
book (yes, I'm looking into that JUnit issue, Ryan and Yonik :) and
the Lucene book.

If you mean the filter queries, &fq=... then those are logically
ANDed when multiple are present.

        Erik