Faceting with EnumFieldType in 7.1

Peter Tyrrell
I updated an older Solr 4.10 core to Solr 7.1 recently. In so doing, I took an old 'gradeLevel_enum' field of type EnumField and made it an EnumFieldType, since the former has been deprecated. The old core was able to facet on gradeLevel_enum, but the new 7.1 core just returns no facet values whatsoever for that field. Both cores return gradeLevel_enum values ok when fl=gradeLevel_enum.

In the schema, gradeLevel_enum is defined dynamically:

<dynamicField name="*_enum" type="text_enum" indexed="true" stored="true" multiValued="true" />
<fieldType name="text_enum" class="solr.EnumFieldType" docValues="true" enumsConfig="enumsConfig.xml" enumName="gradeLevels"></fieldType>

This simple query fails to return any facet values in 7.1, but does facet in 4.10:

http://localhost:8983/solr/core1/select?facet.field=gradeLevel_enum&facet=on&fl=id,gradeLevel_enum&q=*:*&wt=json

Thanks for any insight.

Peter Tyrrell, MLIS
Lead Developer at Andornot
1-866-266-2525 x706 / [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: Faceting with EnumFieldType in 7.1

Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo
Was the document re-indexed in Solr 7.1?

Regards,
Edwin

On Wed, 12 Sep 2018 at 23:38, Peter Tyrrell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I updated an older Solr 4.10 core to Solr 7.1 recently. In so doing, I
> took an old 'gradeLevel_enum' field of type EnumField and made it an
> EnumFieldType, since the former has been deprecated. The old core was able
> to facet on gradeLevel_enum, but the new 7.1 core just returns no facet
> values whatsoever for that field. Both cores return gradeLevel_enum values
> ok when fl=gradeLevel_enum.
>
> In the schema, gradeLevel_enum is defined dynamically:
>
> <dynamicField name="*_enum" type="text_enum" indexed="true" stored="true"
> multiValued="true" />
> <fieldType name="text_enum" class="solr.EnumFieldType" docValues="true"
> enumsConfig="enumsConfig.xml" enumName="gradeLevels"></fieldType>
>
> This simple query fails to return any facet values in 7.1, but does facet
> in 4.10:
>

> http://localhost:8983/solr/core1/select?facet.field=gradeLevel_enum&facet=on&fl=id,gradeLevel_enum&q=*:*&wt=json
>
> Thanks for any insight.
>
> Peter Tyrrell, MLIS
> Lead Developer at Andornot
> 1-866-266-2525 x706 / [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

RE: Faceting with EnumFieldType in 7.1

Peter Tyrrell
Yes.