Filter inside SpanQuery

Mark Miller-3
Anybody experimented with a filter in a spanquery? Pipedream?

thanks,

Mark

RE: Filter inside SpanQuery

Mark Miller-3
Okay, more realistically, anyone have any experience with Randy Puttnick's
modifaction of wildcardquery and fuzzyquery? Any ideas on getting something
like those in a SpanQuery?

- Mark

Re: Filter inside SpanQuery

Paul Elschot
On Tuesday 05 September 2006 15:59, Mark Miller wrote:
> Okay, more realistically, anyone have any experience with Randy Puttnick's
> modifaction of wildcardquery and fuzzyquery? Any ideas on getting something
> like those in a SpanQuery?

You can use the IndexSearcher method that searches a query with a Filter
applied also with any SpanQuery.

In case you need wildcards within a SpanQuery, you need to construct
a SpanOrQuery over all the matching Terms during Query.rewrite().
Have a look at the source code of PrefixQuery.rewrite() to get going.
(I have not looked at Randy's code yet.)

Regards,
Paul Elschot