Freeze Index

fabigol
hi,
my problem is that my index freeze several time and i don't know why. So i
lost all the data of my index.
I have 14 million of documents from postgresql database. I have an only node
with 31 GO for my JVM and my server has 64GO. My index make 6 GO on the HDD.
Is it a good configuration?

Someone can help me.

thank for advance

Re: Freeze Index

Toke Eskildsen-2
On Wed, 2017-09-13 at 11:56 -0700, fabigol wrote:
> my problem is that my index freeze several time and i don't know why.
> So i lost all the data of my index.
> I have 14 million of documents from postgresql database. I have an
> only node with 31 GO for my JVM and my server has 64GO. My index make
> 6 GO on the HDD.
>
> Is it a good configuration?

If you look in the admin GUI, you can see how much memory is actually
used by the JVM. My guess is that it is _way_ lower than 31GB. A 6GB
index is quite small and unless you do special processing, you should
be fine with a 2GB JVM or something like that.

One of the symptoms for having too large a memory allocation for the
JVM are occasional long pauses due to garbage collection. However, you
should not lose anything - it is just a pause. Can you describe in more
detail what you mean by freeze and losing data?

- Toke Eskildsen, Royal Danish Library