Fw: Download solr-tools rpm

suresh Kannan-2
Hi,

I need to configure master / slave servers. Hence i check at wiki help documents. I found that i need to install solr-tools rpm. But i could not able to download the files. Please some help me with solr-tools rpm.

Suresh Kannan

failing post-optimize command execution

galo-2
Hi,

I've configured my solrconfig.xml to execute a snapshoot after an
optimize is made but I keep getting the following exception in the
tomcat logs:

SEVERE: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "snapshooter" (in
directory "/home/solr/solr/bin"): java.io.IOException: error=2, No such
file or directory

I'm certain the path and filename is correct.. does anybody have
problems with this?

Cheers,

galo

Re: failing post-optimize command execution

Sergey Polzunov-2
What about access rights on file snapshooter and on directories in path
/home/solr/solr/bin ?
Maybe this is the root of the problem?

Best regards,
Traut

Re: Fw: Download solr-tools rpm

Chris Hostetter-3

: I need to configure master / slave servers. Hence i check at wiki help
: documents. I found that i need to install solr-tools rpm. But i could
: not able to download the files. Please some help me with solr-tools rpm.

Any refrences to a "solr-tools rpm" on the wiki are outdated and leftover
from when i ported those wiki pages from CNET ... Apache Solr doesn't
distribute anything as an RPM, you should be abl to find all of those
scripts in the Solr release tgz bundles.

Re: Fw: Download solr-tools rpm

suresh Kannan-2
Thanks Hoss,

I found them in SRC/ SCRIPTS. But i dont know how to execute those
snapshooter, snappuller, abc, backup... How I can make one instance of solr
as master and other as slave. Is it fully depends of rsyncd....

-Suresh

> : I need to configure master / slave servers. Hence i check at wiki help
> : documents. I found that i need to install solr-tools rpm. But i could
> : not able to download the files. Please some help me with solr-tools rpm.
>
> Any refrences to a "solr-tools rpm" on the wiki are outdated and leftover
> from when i ported those wiki pages from CNET ... Apache Solr doesn't
> distribute anything as an RPM, you should be abl to find all of those
> scripts in the Solr release tgz bundles.
>
> -Hoss

Re: Fw: Download solr-tools rpm

Chris Hostetter-3

: I found them in SRC/ SCRIPTS. But i dont know how to execute those
: snapshooter, snappuller, abc, backup... How I can make one instance of solr
: as master and other as slave. Is it fully depends of rsyncd....

rsync is in fact at the heart of the replication ... that's really all
those scripts are is some hardlinking followed by some rsyncing.

How to use them (suggested crontab configuration, etc...) is documented
fairly completely on the wiki...

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CollectionDistribution

:
: -Suresh
:
: > : I need to configure master / slave servers. Hence i check at wiki help
: > : documents. I found that i need to install solr-tools rpm. But i could
: > : not able to download the files. Please some help me with solr-tools rpm.
: >