GSoC 2013

raimon.bosch

Hi all,

I would be interested in doing a Google Summer of Code this year with Lucene or Solr. My master thesis topic is about Sentiment analysis, there is any research in this direction inside Solr and Lucene? If there is any other interesting topic I would be open to discuss.

Thanks in advance,
Raimon Bosch.

Re: GSoC 2013

raimon.bosch
Anyone interested?

2013/3/18 Raimon Bosch <[hidden email]>

Hi all,

I would be interested in doing a Google Summer of Code this year with Lucene or Solr. My master thesis topic is about Sentiment analysis, there is any research in this direction inside Solr and Lucene? If there is any other interesting topic I would be open to discuss.

Thanks in advance,
Raimon Bosch.

Re: GSoC 2013

Tommaso Teofili
Hello Raimon,

depending on what focus your master thesis should be Lucene / Solr may or not be the right project.
Basically if your sentiment analysis topic is tight to information retrieval (very dummy example: making a search engine which scores documents boosting "positive" ones) then it could be ok (in this case you could leverage some classification capabilities Lucene has [1]) otherwise if your task is more focused on the extraction of such sentiments then other projects may fit better, see for example OpenNLP or Mahout or UIMA.

My 2 cents,
Tommaso

2013/3/19 Raimon Bosch <[hidden email]>
Anyone interested?

2013/3/18 Raimon Bosch <[hidden email]>

Hi all,

I would be interested in doing a Google Summer of Code this year with Lucene or Solr. My master thesis topic is about Sentiment analysis, there is any research in this direction inside Solr and Lucene? If there is any other interesting topic I would be open to discuss.

Thanks in advance,
Raimon Bosch.

Re: GSoC 2013

raimon.bosch
Hi Tommaso,

Yes, I agree. To use Lucene in this kind of project we would need to focus on creating sentiment ranking or improve the text classification capabilities of Lucene. Integration with other might be interesting, also.

Thanks,
Raimon Bosch.