Get index name from a hit

OneWhoMikes
When using a MultiSearcher Is there anyway to get the name of the
index that a hit came from?  One way would be to add the index name as
a field to each document, but I am hoping to avoid this.

Thanks,

Mike

Re: Get index name from a hit

Erik Hatcher
I'm running out the door, so only a quick reply... yes you can.  Look
at the subSearcher(?) method - that'll give you the index.  Your
application will need to keep track of which indexes correspond to
which indices.   Check the archives for the answer too, sorry for the
short reply.

        Erik

On May 26, 2006, at 2:32 PM, Mike Richmond wrote:

> When using a MultiSearcher Is there anyway to get the name of the
> index that a hit came from?  One way would be to add the index name as
> a field to each document, but I am hoping to avoid this.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Re: Get index name from a hit

OneWhoMikes
Thanks for the quick Reply Erik; subSearcher did the trick.

--Mike