Getting user-level KeeperException

Gunalan V
Hello,

Could someone please let me know what this user-level keeper exception in zookeeper mean? and How to fix the same.

Thanks,
GVK

zookeeper_user-level-KeeperException.txt (11K) Download Attachment

Re: Getting user-level KeeperException

Amrit Sarkar
Gunalan,

Zookeeper throws KeeperException at /overseer for most of the solr issues,
namely indexing. Sync the timestamp of zookeeper error with solr log; the
problem lies there most probably.

Amrit Sarkar
Search Engineer
Lucidworks, Inc.
415-589-9269
www.lucidworks.com
Twitter http://twitter.com/lucidworks
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sarkaramrit2

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 7:52 AM, Gunalan V <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Could someone please let me know what this user-level keeper exception in
> zookeeper mean? and How to fix the same.
>

> Thanks,
> GVK

Re: Getting user-level KeeperException

Shawn Heisey-2
On 10/11/2017 8:22 PM, Gunalan V wrote:
> Could someone please let me know what this user-level keeper exception
> in zookeeper mean? and How to fix the same.

Those are not errors.  They are INFO logs.  They are not an indication
of a problem.  If they were a problem, they would most likely be at the
WARN or ERROR level instead of INFO.

The message indicates that 16 requests came in to create "/overseer" in
the zookeeper database.  These requests all failed because that entry in
the database was already there.  The failure is just information, not an
error.

All of the requests indicate that they came from session ID
0x35f0e3edd390001.  An earlier entry in the log indicates that this
session is a connection from 10.138.66.12.

The code in Solr that creates that ZK node looks like it is called in
MANY places.  Once of those places is the code for leader elections.
This probably means that it gets called at least once for every shard in
the entire cloud on each Solr node startup, and could be called quite
frequently for other reasons.

It could be argued that this code in Solr should check for the existence
of the node before it tries to create it, but as I already said, this
isn't a problem.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: Getting user-level KeeperException