Good Entrypoint for Contributing

quentin@headenlabs.com quentin@headenlabs.com
Hello all! I am a developer who wants to get better with the Java language. I thought contributing to an open source project would help with that, and I chose Solr since my company uses the tool extensively in our projects. Are any tickets labeled as good first time tickets to try and fix? If not, what would make a good entrypoint for someone like myself to get started with.

Thanks!

Re: Good Entrypoint for Contributing

Saurabh Tiwari
Developer Discussion: [hidden email]
<https://lucene.apache.org/core/discussion.html#developer-discussion-devluceneapacheorg>

This is the list where participating developers of the Java Lucene project
meet and discuss issues concerning Lucene/Solr internals, code
changes/additions, etc.

*NOTE:* Please do not send mail to this list with usage questions or
configuration questions and problems; that is what the java-user and
solr-user mailing lists are for.

   - Subscribe: dev-subscribe <[hidden email]>
   - Unsubscribe: dev-unsubscribe <[hidden email]>
   - Send: dev <[hidden email]> (Requires subscription)
   - Official Apache Archive
   <http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-dev/>

General Discussion: [hidden email]
<https://lucene.apache.org/core/discussion.html#general-discussion-generalluceneapacheorg>

This list is for broader questions and discussions about the Lucene
project, announcements, and for questions from users who have no idea where
to get started (Lucene-Core?, Solr? PyLucene?)

   - Subscribe: general-subscribe <[hidden email]>
   - Unsubscribe: general-unsubscribe
   <[hidden email]>
   - Send: general <[hidden email]> (Requires subscription)
   - Official Apache Archive
   <http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-general/>

See:
https://lucene.apache.org/core/discussion.html#general-discussion-generalluceneapacheorg

Saurabh

Re: Good Entrypoint for Contributing

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
Welcome, we appreciate any help! You may want to start here to get a sense on where to start:

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute <https://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute>

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 6. okt. 2018 kl. 12:00 skrev [hidden email] [hidden email] <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hello all! I am a developer who wants to get better with the Java language. I thought contributing to an open source project would help with that, and I chose Solr since my company uses the tool extensively in our projects. Are any tickets labeled as good first time tickets to try and fix? If not, what would make a good entrypoint for someone like myself to get started with.
>
> Thanks!

Re: Good Entrypoint for Contributing

quentin@headenlabs.com quentin@headenlabs.com
Thanks for the info. I see at the bottom of that guide they provide a link to bugs that new developers can get started with. I will certainly start looking at that.