Google's summer of code

Ian Holsman (Lists)
I'm not sure if people are aware of this on this list, but Google is
re-running it's summer of code project where it sponsors/pay's
students to do open source things.

so what does this mean to SolR?
it means we can get a student for 10-12 weeks to do things.

so.. what needs to be done?

2 things.

1. volunteers/mentors to help guide them.. It should take 3-4 hours a
week (max)
2. project ideas for them to do.

--
Ian Holsman [hidden email]
blog: http://feh.holsman.net

Re: Google's summer of code

Yoav Shapira-2
I'm aware of Google SoC 2006, participated last year as a mentor, and
signed up again as a mentor this year.  I would be happy to mentor a
student volunteer for Solr.

Yoav

--
Yoav Shapira
Nimalex LLC
Cambridge, MA, USA
[hidden email] / www.yoavshapira.com

Re: Google's summer of code

Chris Hostetter-3

: 2. project ideas for them to do.

I was just thinking about this last night ... Adding a really robust
faceting system that could use XML configuration from solrconfig, or
metadata docs specified at query time, or raw XML specified at query
time seems like it would make a good solid project -- and it wouldn't
neccessarily require getting deep and dirty into the Solr guts -- it's
something that could be done just using the public methods for plugins.

http://www.nabble.com/metadata-about-result-sets--t1243321.html

-Hoss