Hackdays in October, London & Montreal

Charlie Hull-3
Hi all,

A couple of years ago I ran two free Lucene Hackdays in London and
Boston (the latter just before Lucene Revolution). Here's what we got up
to with the kind support of Alfresco, Bloomberg, BA Insight and
Lucidworks
http://www.flax.co.uk/blog/2016/10/21/tale-two-cities-two-lucene-hackdays/

I'd like to do this again during the weeks of 8th and 15th October in
London and Montreal (so just before the Activate event). It's a great
chance to get together IRL with other Lucene/Solr/Elasticsearch hackers!
I have a venue for London but a sponsor for evening curry/drinks would
be wonderful, and for Montreal I still need a venue and evening sponsor
- do let me know if you or your employer can help.

I'll post again once there are more details and with a call for ideas as
to what we should work on.

Best

Charlie
--
Charlie Hull
Flax - Open Source Enterprise Search

tel/fax: +44 (0)8700 118334
mobile:  +44 (0)7767 825828
web: www.flax.co.uk

Re: Hackdays in October, London & Montreal

Sameer Maggon-4
Charlie,

I might be able to get sponsorship from SearchStax for eve/drinks in
Montreal. Do you want to start a thread offline?

Sameer.

Sameer Maggon
https://www.searchstax.com

On 12/07/2018 10:28, Charlie Hull wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A couple of years ago I ran two free Lucene Hackdays in London and
> Boston (the latter just before Lucene Revolution). Here's what we got up
> to with the kind support of Alfresco, Bloomberg, BA Insight and
> Lucidworks
> http://www.flax.co.uk/blog/2016/10/21/tale-two-cities-two-lucene-hackdays/
>
> I'd like to do this again during the weeks of 8th and 15th October in
> London and Montreal (so just before the Activate event). It's a great
> chance to get together IRL with other Lucene/Solr/Elasticsearch hackers!
> I have a venue for London but a sponsor for evening curry/drinks would
> be wonderful, and for Montreal I still need a venue and evening sponsor
> - do let me know if you or your employer can help.

We have a placeholder event for London!
https://www.meetup.com/Apache-Lucene-Solr-London-User-Group/events/252740719/

mobile:  +44 (0)7767 825828
web: www.flax.co.uk

On 13/07/2018 15:10, Charlie Hull wrote:

> On 12/07/2018 10:28, Charlie Hull wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> A couple of years ago I ran two free Lucene Hackdays in London and
>> Boston (the latter just before Lucene Revolution). Here's what we got
>> up to with the kind support of Alfresco, Bloomberg, BA Insight and
>> Lucidworks
>> http://www.flax.co.uk/blog/2016/10/21/tale-two-cities-two-lucene-hackdays/
>>

>> I'd like to do this again during the weeks of 8th and 15th October in
>> London and Montreal (so just before the Activate event). It's a great
>> chance to get together IRL with other Lucene/Solr/Elasticsearch
>> hackers! I have a venue for London but a sponsor for evening
>> curry/drinks would be wonderful, and for Montreal I still need a venue
>> and evening sponsor - do let me know if you or your employer can help.
>
> We have a placeholder event for London!
> https://www.meetup.com/Apache-Lucene-Solr-London-User-Group/events/252740719/

...and we now have a venue for our Montreal event which will be on
Monday 15th October
https://www.meetup.com/Apache-Lucene-Solr-London-User-Group/events/253610289/

Hope to see some of you there!

Cheers